close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eagle Creek Range (Indiana)

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by mcsd2598, May 5, 2003.

1. mcsd2598

mcsd2598

I know most of you Indy shooters(and RO's) hang out here. Has anybody heard any updates about the status of Eagle Creek range. I heard by the end of April if the Bulldozer doesn't break down again. This is where I try to do the majority of my GSSF pratice. If it is "functional" again is it open to LEO\public\both? Friday night sessions are great after work if open to public, if LEO Thursday during the day is great if they don't have a full load and I can sneak over to a corner.

2. Guest

I was in last Sunday after church. HUGE piles of mulch out in the driveway, looked like they were spreading it the lanes. Hope this doesn't mean they are gonna grow flowers ;g

New doublewide trailer up by the storage trailer, may be new classroom for LE?

All I know, but I'm on the very low end of the totem pole there :(

May stop by this afternoon and see if I can catch the IPD LT in.

Steve

3. mcsd2598

mcsd2598

Did you get a look at the berms? As far as I know that was the only thing they were worried about fixing. The mulch might be a good sign though. They are probably using it to fill in the tire ruts from the bulldozer, which means they are closed to being finished.

If the range is finished I'll come out there and plant flowers myself. I've got about 10K+ of 9mm and about 4K+ of 40 stockpiled to send down range before the first match hopefully. I've also got my Dillion 650 fired up on a near full time basis to keep up my reserves. This season could be very good or bad depending on Eagle Creeks re-opening.

4. mcsd2598

mcsd2598

I forgot to ask, are you still going to RO out there once it re-opens? I'm also considering Ro'ing every other weekend or something as well.

5. Guest

The LT was at lunch when I went by yesterday. Just my luck. Nothing looked much different, the mulch pile looked the same size, but hard to tell. Saw 'dozers there this time, and looked like some fresh dirt on top of the berm, so there *is* progress.

No one who was there knew anything (what a surprise).

I figure when the boss calls, I'll know it's open :cool: AFAIK, I'm still on the roster there, so as Arnold sez, I'll be back ;f

Steve