Eaa ez .40

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by tedg-23, Feb 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. tedg-23

tedg-23 PROUD AMERICAN!

My FFL guy has a NIB 10+1 with a extra mag that I checked out when picking up my Colt XSE from him. The info around the web has been pretty good on them, but I`m wondering if the GT brain trust has any good info on them? I`m getting it tomorrow for $325 otd.

2. tedg-23

tedg-23 PROUD AMERICAN!

3. et1jackson

et1jackson

These have recently caught my attention as well. Although I was looking at the EZ9. There’s some info about them on the web. You might want to try looking up CZ99 or CZ999 (the newer version). There’s no relation to CZ firearms though. They come in 9, 40 and 45 now.

From what I've read they seem to be equivalent to a SIG 226, with a few additional features. Like the de-cocking lever that also acts as a slide release and a loaded chamber indicator.

The price point on these seems outstanding, along with good quality. The only downfall might be magazine/parts availability.

Here’s a good link:
    http://www.cz99.org<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

4. tedg-23

tedg-23 PROUD AMERICAN!

I just picked it up and broke her down for a good cleaning. The take down is a snap and the gun is tight and well made for the price. The internals look a little rough but as long as she goes BANG every time I'm good with it. As soon as it warms up around here, I'll be taking it and the Colt to the range and I'll give a report. The price was my main motivator here but if it runs like I've heard they do, I may have to look for one in 9mm.

5. maynardwix

maynardwix Notre Dame Fan!

6. katherder

katherder

I bought an EZ9 new this past May. They are made in Serbia by Zastava who has been making firearms since 1854. As noted it is based on the Sig 226 with ambi controls.
    It reflects the old East Bloc manufacturing. Where it shows or has an affect on function, the machining is first class. Where it doesn't show or affect function the machining is crude.
    I now have 3000+ rounds through mine without a single failure of any kind. The accuracy is good. I can rapid fire a 15rd magazine at 10yds. and keep all 15 on a 6" diameter paper pie plate. I have fired Brown Bear, Wolf, Blazer aluminum, whatever inexpensive ammo I can find. The pistol doesn't flinch. I have also run a couple of mags worth of Speer Gold Dot 124gr. JHP through it with no problems. For me its' only drawback is that it is a large, blocky, relatively heavy pistol. Not ideal for CCW, but it sure is fun to shoot.
    I think it is one of the best firearms value out there, I only paid $327 for mine.
    I think that you will find a lot of enjoyment with yours.

7. tedg-23

tedg-23 PROUD AMERICAN!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  8. maynardwix

maynardwix Notre Dame Fan!

Couldn't get the link to work, even after tring to fix it, is it like this?

[​IMG]

9. tedg-23

tedg-23 PROUD AMERICAN!

Yes! Thanx!!!!!!

10. tedg-23

tedg-23 PROUD AMERICAN!

Got a chance to shoot today and it went vary well. 100rds without any malfunctions whatsoever. Both mags ran well trough rapid fire and one hand shooting. Seems a vary solid accurate .40. I may find myself seeking the 9mm, one day! Or maybe a Witness.:supergrin: