close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

E-mail software

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Ragin Cajun, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun

For years I have been using Netscape for both E-mail and as a browser. However, my v7.2 is not properly displaying many sites properly. I get blobs of code instead of a clean page.

Also, I can't seem to send an E-mail and attachments that are over about 1.5M in size. I run, among other things, a small engineering business and sending larger AUTOCAD files is absolutely necessary. I need to be compose my e-mails OFF-line and gather the attachments. I have dial-up so I limit my on-line time as it ties up my business line. Yep, I am trying to limit costs.

I have downloaded v8.1 (took forever on dial-up!!!) which seems to clear the blobs of code problem up. It seems to have lots of nice features for anti-spam, virus protection, etc. BUT . . . there seems to be no E-mail ("E-mail and newsgroups" in the "Window" pull down under) capability like in v7.2. It seems to want me to use either AIM (puke!) or what it calls "Webmail." But I have several user ID's with my provider and v8.1 Webmail doesn't seem to handle that.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

http://www.mozilla.org

Download Thunderbird.. I've had zero problems with attatchmens, etc.

Are you sure the attatchment issue isn't with your mail service, as opposed to your mail software? I remember many moons ago, when I had AOL, I could send a file of up to 10mb, to another AOL member. If I was sending to a Non-AOL address, the file size was limited to 2mb. The email would still go through, but the file would be corrupted and would not download on the other end....

Just a thought.

IGF

3. 308endurdebate

308endurdebate

I use firefox 1.5 most of the time. Netscape has a new version which has some new features from 1.5 plus some other capabilities.

As for the email, you may be getting timed out by your mail server. Some mail servers require you to complete your activity (your attachment) with them within a specific period of time. As a stop gap - you might try using a webmail account since timeouts associated with them tend to be larger.

Ken

4. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun

Thanks,

I downloaded mozilla and am trying it out. However, I still get some sites that display trash - what gives???

I will be checking with my provider on the time-out issue. Haven't had tome to test it out with a large attachment yet.

About to be outsourced at work so things are a bit hectic!!