Glock Talk banner

DX.com - four strikes and your out (crappy company alert)

712 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  DJ Niner
I’d like to say I’ve had a good experience with Deal Extreme, unfortunately I can’t. I ordered some Sanyo 18650 batteries from DX last year. Never arrived (after several months). I contacted them and they resent the order (along with asking $1.70 more for tracking). Finally got that order a month later.

Ordered three of the Zippo style keychain fluid bottles after this experience. They actually arrived but the quality was pretty bad. One of them didn’t even have a rubber seal. They refunded partially.

Ordered some 14500 batteries that never arrived. They refunded partially but put $2 of the refund into store credit for some odd reason. Got an email a few weeks ago saying that they had switched carriers and were very sorry for all the delays and orders that never arrived. They gave me a $2 coupon code. Okay, great. So I used the $2 credit and the $2 coupon and bought….a flashlight

It had been 9 days and it suddenly hit me that I’d never received an ‘item shipped’ email. So I went into my account and the item was out of stock. The listing never said it was out of stock when I ordered. I went back to the listing and it still doesn’t say out of stock. I contacted them. They said it isn’t out of stock…just the vendor hasn’t sent them any yet. Isn’t that the same thing as being out of stock? Anyway I told them the listing doesn’t advise that and they could have at least let me know. They asked for me to wait another 10 days. I told them I had already waited 9 and would still have to wait another month or so after that for the shipping. I asked for a FULL refund.

I lost the $2 CC of course. They refunded everything except the $2 credit and said that would have to be done manually and would take 7-10 days. They asked if I would order again from DX. I simply asked them if they would continue to order from a company that had provided the same service as they had offered me. Apparently that wasn’t the question they were wanting to answer.

If you’ve had a good experience with DX, count yourself lucky. I will no longer be ordering anything from them. I can handle the 3-4 weeks delivery, though in the 21st century that is pretty poor. But the continual screw ups…no, I’m done.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,430 Posts
Just shows what a crap-shoot online ordering can be. I did a quick search thru my email notification history and I have six orders from them in five years or so, all with no problems. Mine have mostly been various LED lights. :headscratch:

· Watcher.
41,318 Posts
The main reason I'm a hands on type.'08.

· Registered
4,430 Posts

· Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had to cancel an order and get a refund from banggood.com as well. Ordered a set of four 18650 batteries back in April and they never arrived. I expect a three week shipping time, but when it gets to be two months it starts to get ridiculous.

I think as far as batteries are concerned I'll start ordering from Mountain Electronics or similar company. I might pay a bit more, but at least I'll get it in a few days rather than playing the Chinese lottery.

· Premium Member
20,112 Posts
Folks, Eric has repeatedly asked that his site not be used as a complaint department. If everyone posted their bad buying experiences here, we'd have a hard time wading through the mess to find other stuff to read.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.