·
Garbage Day!
9,586 Posts
Never mind, figured it out...

·
Mentally Frozen
27,256 Posts
RIP Dwight

Those were the good days of Football. Today...not so much.

·
Rational
14,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He was at the game I went to last year. Was sad to see him in that state. But man, the entire place and his entire team showed up to see him. Was inspiring.
I was just watching it:

Definitely hard to watch. Such a great guy and a class act. I pray that he's at peace.

My father was at that NFC Championship game; right there in the End Zone when Clark made The Catch. He still celebrates it to this day.

My parents are both in California for a wedding right now, and I sent him a text about Clark's passing as soon as I heard. Haven't heard back though. My father worshiped that play, and it was a big part of his sports life.

Sad day for all 9er fans, past and present. :(

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
This is very sad. Yes football was a different game back then.

Does it seem there are a lot of athletes who battle ALS? It's pretty uncommon and there have been a number of players who've had it.

·
Rational
14,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is very sad. Yes football was a different game back then.

Does it seem there are a lot of athletes who battle ALS? It's pretty uncommon and there have been a number of players who've had it.
Not just ALS, but early Alzheimer's and other neurological diseases. Ronnie Lott has talked about having memory loss over the simplest things. That dude hit people like they insulted his mother or something.

All those hard hits takes a toll. Joe Montana can barely get out of bed in the morning because he's in so much pain.

·
Registered
31,755 Posts
Sad. That was a great game. Great team.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Not just ALS, but early Alzheimer's and other neurological diseases. Ronnie Lott has talked about having memory loss over the simplest things. That dude hit people like they insulted his mother or something.

All those hard hits takes a toll. Joe Montana can barely get out of bed in the morning because he's in so much pain.
At age 57 my youthful body abuse is visiting regularly. I can’t imagine these guys who smashed their bodies in football for years.

I saw Ronnie Lott hit Christian Okoye (the Nigerian Nightmare) who was twice his size, helmet to helmet full on, stood him up and just stopped him in his tracks. It was one of the hardest hits I’ve ever seen. Christian stopped running over the defense after that.

That guy was tough as an anvil, and I bet he really hurts today.

·
Rational
14,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At age 57 my youthful body abuse is visiting regularly. I can’t imagine these guys who smashed their bodies in football for years.

I saw Ronnie Lott hit Christian Okoye (the Nigerian Nightmare) who was twice his size, helmet to helmet full on, stood him up and just stopped him in his tracks. It was one of the hardest hits I’ve ever seen. Christian stopped running over the defense after that.

That guy was tough as an anvil, and I bet he really hurts today.
Was it this?

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
You know what the only one I could find on this was Steve Atwater doing it. Coulda swore it was Ronnie. I remember watching the game, and Okoye was just using the Broncos on every play. Until this direct hit up the middle, and after that Okoye just didn't do much the rest of the game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvPxzQBIafo

·
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
29,109 Posts

Rest in Peace Mr. Clark. He was a true great.

·
Rational
14,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You know what the only one I could find on this was Steve Atwater doing it. Coulda swore it was Ronnie. I remember watching the game, and Okoye was just using the Broncos on every play. Until this direct hit up the middle, and after that Okoye just didn't do much the rest of the game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvPxzQBIafo
Ouch!

Man, those dudes hit hard back then. It's no wonder many of them are crippled today.

Although Jerry Rice looks like he could still play at 55, but he kept his body in tip-top shape, and probably still does to this day.

Rest in Peace Mr. Clark. He was a true great.
My father has this autographed picture framed on his man cave wall; along with the drawn out play on it. I think Montana signed it, but I'm not sure if Clark signed it too. I'll have to look at it again the next time I'm at their house.

If memory serves me correctly, the guy who took this picture was a photographer with the Dallas Cowboys.

That must have stung, to have taken such a famous picture, lol.

·
****** Viejo
29,229 Posts
Too young. RIP,Sir. tom.

Reactions: ZX14R
1 - 20 of 25 Posts