close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DWI On A Lawnmower

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Glockrunner, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

St. Cloud, MN - A St. Cloud man was arrested after he was found passed out on his riding lawn mower. Police said his blood alcohol concentration level was nearly three times the legal limit.

Neighbors watched as the 24-year-old man forged through yards, climbed up and over curbs, even did some donuts in a front yard around 11 p.m. Tuesday night.

"Lawnmowers are supposed to be for cutting grass, but not everybody in the neighborhood's grass," said resident Darwin Benjamin, who saw the man on the mower.

Police said they got calls that the man was cutting grass at one point, but he was mostly riding around erratically.

Police said the man had a .23 BAC. That's nearly three times the legal limit for operating any motor vehicle, even a lawn mower.

"The fact he was on a lawn mower, I think people find that humorous, but in all reality it is serious that he was operating this thing that late at night. And you hear all the time about people injured on lawnmowers. The fact that he was operating this thing at a .23 BAC, yeah, we're going to take it seriously," said St. Cloud Police Sergeant Jerry Edblad.

Police said the man was convicted of DWI twice before, and he does have a revoked license. Police took the mower into evidence, but it might be returned since it belongs to the man's father.

The man is in jail and he's expected to be charged with a gross misdemeanor.

2. milkdud

milkdud

Won't anybody just give the guy a break. I mean. . . he was just "cutting up." Can't they take a joke?

3. vafish

vafish

When I lived in Australia there was a guy who got a DWI for driving a camel wagon intoxicated. He had 2 camels hitched up to a covered wagon and was going down the road. He had some little kid up front in the seat with him and tried to hand off the reins as the cops drove by.

4. mnMACD

mnMACD Non-Gunner

This thread needs to be be changed to "you might be a redneck"

5. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

But it happened in Minnesota. I figured most rednecks were in the south. . . . .;)

6. mnMACD

mnMACD Non-Gunner

No, glockrunner. Everybody has a little bit o'de redneck in them.