close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DVD/VCR Combo @ Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Catbird, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

I happended to notice yesterday, while in W-M, that they had an off-brand (SV2000, I think) DVD recorder/player with VCR combination unit that also had one-button VHS --> DVD dubbing.

Price $99 and change.

It seemed like a good deal at the time, but I didn't buy it until I could research it first.

Any experience with these or related comments?
    Thanks.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...duct_id=5359382&sourceid=10763884431296696397

2. blue0623

blue0623 2B1ASK1

Never seen it before, but being that it is Wal-Mart buy it, try it out and if you don't like it or it not worth anything they should take it back!!!

3. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

Yes (and no), I ended up buying a Panasonic DMR-ES15 DVD player/recorder. I use a separate VCR unit to record FROM. So far, I've recorded about 15 of my VHS tapes onto DVDs. I like it. :)

4. Thirties

Thirties

I bought a Panasonic DMR-ES25 from Circuit City ($160), and it works like a charm! It even allows me to make chapters when duping a VHS. you hit the stop button while recording. Then you hit the record button again, and a new chapter is inderted right there. Then, if you want, you can title each chapter and run the tape to find just the right chapter thumbnail image before finalizing the disc (which allows it to play on other machines).

They supply one blank DVD-RAM which is a cool item allowing 100,000 re-recordings, and some other inflexibility which I forget right now. Lots of other cool features as well.

You must be able to read an instruction manual repeatedly and comprehensively. And be prepared to waste a couple of DVD-R to test your understanding.

Thanks for your info. I'm a very happy camper!