close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DVD/CD Editing for idiots

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by streeter69, Aug 28, 2004.

1. streeter69

streeter69 This is Kewl

I used to have this done for me:) I was told certain programs are great and was shown how to but all the programs are gone (kicked the kid out).

My computer can burn dvd and cd's so I am not worried.

I need to burn copies of pictures and either add voice or text so my mother/brother know where they are taken at?

What is a basic O/S for this?

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

I've never seen that done, but it shouldn't be hard.

Just put the pics in a file folder on the desktop, plug a microphone into your soundcard's MIC jack, open the Sound Recorder app from the Control Panel> Sounds and when it starts recording, put it on Pause.

Next, open the pic file on the desktop and enable Thumbnail view and start the pics rolling through a slideshow. Begin recording the .wav file and narrate away! When the pic parade is over you should have a whopping sound file that you can use CDEx to convert to .mp3 format, which takes up less disk space.

Then simply drag the new MP3 into the pic folder, check the size, and burn it.

Send an email to your Ma (or insert a README) explaining that they need to click on the Media file icon then start the slide show immediately.

Should work out fine.

Have fun,

FastVFR