close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

dvd burning

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by mp5fullauto, Sep 20, 2006.

1. mp5fullauto

mp5fullauto

I have a laptop with dvd burner and 128mb video card. Can i hook the laptop to my tv through the s-cable and burn tv shows or movies or do i need something else to make it work???

2. malkore

malkore

well, most likely the laptop has S-video Out, not In. either way, your tv won't have S-video output, only input. you need s-video output on your cable box, run into the laptop (again assuming the laptop has an input).

then you need capture software to capture the streaming video...this will require plenty of gutsy CPU power, RAM, and tons of disk space (I doubt your laptop can compress the stream on the fly to save disk space).

then you'd burn the video to DVD with something like Nero Platinum.

3. MightBite

MightBite Barking Sucks

+1 on all the above information. You may want to try something like one of these in order to capture video

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=1428&

The quality won't be as good as watching regular TV though and it is very taxing on your laptop so hopefully you have a high power processor and lots of ram and laptops usually have a small hard drive so space will be an issue as well.