Glock Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like suggestions on a level II or III duty holster for a G20SF (G20, G21 same thing) with an attached Streamlight TLR-2.
Kydex, OWB, High or Mid Rise, Forward or No Cant.
Not looking for leather, or custom, or whiz-bang, or any suggestions on other stuff - Duty not Fancy. And if you have one of these, a model number would be helpful.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Go to the Safariland site, to Holster Finder http://www.safariland.com/holster-finder

Select pistol type, light, etc and it will then display what options they have. Safariland has several duty type holsters. When I worked LE I used Safariland, with the thumb operated swivel hood know as the SLS system, with a secondary lock called the Sentry Self Locking System https://www.safariland.com/products...el-6001-sentry-self-locking-system-19854.html that they sold that required an extra movement to unlock the hood. I did that because I found out that resting my arm on the holster sometimes caused the hood to flip open so I wanted better security and a way to stop a bad guy trying to get my pistol during a struggle or if I was incapacitated. Once I got used to it it was second nature and could not go back to just the SLS hood alone.

Safariland is the industry standard for law enforcement duty holsters.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all for replies.
I knew about Safariland: talked to a rep there. Was checking on another possible mfg.
Picture of basketweave fm pgg00 is probably the choice.
And appreciate the detailed descrip. from Nagoya10.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I had the same duty holster as PGG00's photo. 2 point release (move forward the loop and hit the release button behind). Very easy and quick muscle memory. For $5 buck you can remove the mid-ride attachment and add a high ride attachment that your belt slides through. Its 4 bolt, that uses allen wrench on the heads i think. I always had a high ride, so I had to do that when I got it issued. Got tired of drawing high and my gun wasnt there with the issued mid-ride! That little plastic guard is supposed to keep someone from getting in and releasing your gun. BUT its a useless, flimsy piece of plastic that easily bends out of the way. Its removable too. Great holster and close (i wont say tight) to the body.

Reactions: pgg00
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.