Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing to a new duty gun and need some help in locating a holster.

The new gun is a full sized (5" barrel) 1911 with a TLR-2 light/laser and to top it off the barrel is threaded which makes it harder to find a holster.

Any input is appreciated!

·
Bamboozled
1,296 Posts
Changing to a new duty gun and need some help in locating a holster.

The new gun is a full sized (5" barrel) 1911 with a TLR-2 light/laser and to top it off the barrel is threaded which makes it harder to find a holster.

Any input is appreciated!
What model 1911?

And out of my own curiosity why a threaded barrel?

·
Hook 'Em Up
4,212 Posts
I would look at the Safariland 6280. The make a model that will fit a 1911 with a TRL2. The bottom of the holster is already somewhat open. With a heat gun you should be able to modify it to fit your needs.

Do you run a can on your pistol?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Hook 'Em Up
4,212 Posts
Replacement barrels aren't that expensive, and available almost anywhere. It might be best to just order another one that's not threaded.

·
Registered
7,799 Posts
Replacement barrels aren't that expensive, and available almost anywhere. It might be best to just order another one that's not threaded.

Only problem is that 1911 barrels aren't drop in like Glock barrels. Even ones sold as "drop in" usually require some fitting.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
If you can check out a 6280, I would. You might not need to do a whole lot if anything to fit the threaded barrel. I can't say I have ever seen a reputable duty holster specifically made for a threaded barrel, but a guy working a department in my area has an H&K USP40 with a threaded barrel, and he has carried it in a standard 6280 for years without any problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts