Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot this one with my Ruger .22 WMR at 85 yards lasered after the shot. It takes them quite a while to build their courage up and come back around here.

3 of them flew off as soon as they saw an inch of me around the corner of the house. I guess this one must have been born this year cause he was stupid enough to hang around a few seconds too long. LOL! He won't be passin' them "dumb" genes along!

~HF~

·
In The Saddle
8,128 Posts
Keep it up ! :supergrin:
Remember what I told you.
Good work.

CM

·
NRA Life Member New Member USCCA
3,390 Posts
Crows are SMART. I shot one in my yard one time when they were raiding my garden. The others (15-20 of them) flew over the carcass of their dead buddy 5-6 times, calling to him. When he didn't answer them the rest of the flock flew up into a tree and had a crowmittee meeting. The meeting lasted about 20 minutes. They flew away, and were not seen in my yard for about six weeks.

When they came back to raid our garden again, I shot another one and hung his carcass on the fence. The rest of them had another crowmittee meeting. Once again there were no crows in the yard for six weeks.

Crows make risk assessments just like humans do. They decided that my yard was just too dangerous for them to hang around for a while, and they left. They can tell the difference between a man with a stick, and a man with a gun. They behave accordingly. :supergrin:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crows are SMART.
Crows make risk assessments just like humans do. They decided that my yard was just too dangerous for them to hang around for a while, and they left. They can tell the difference between a man with a stick, and a man with a gun. They behave accordingly. :supergrin:

Yes Sir they do Hugh!!

~HF~

·
Banned
2,465 Posts
You guys are having to much fun! Are you guys calling them in or what...

Can you recommend a good crow call or Cassette,k CD...

ps NICE shooting!

·
Long Range Guru
1,805 Posts
You guys are having to much fun! Are you guys calling them in or what...

Can you recommend a good crow call or Cassette,k CD...

ps NICE shooting!
Electronic Calls are where it's at for Calling. I have a Foxpro and it works for every game animal imaginable.

·
F.S.F.O.S.
4,262 Posts
Crows are SMART. I shot one in my yard one time when they were raiding my garden. The others (15-20 of them) flew over the carcass of their dead buddy 5-6 times, calling to him. When he didn't answer them the rest of the flock flew up into a tree and had a crowmittee meeting. The meeting lasted about 20 minutes. They flew away, and were not seen in my yard for about six weeks.

When they came back to raid our garden again, I shot another one and hung his carcass on the fence. The rest of them had another crowmittee meeting. Once again there were no crows in the yard for six weeks.

EXACTLY. I've found that all to be true 100% of the time. They are SMART.

·
3,390 Posts
While crows are smart, they didn't recognize 2" of a 10/22 barrel sticking out of the back sliding glass door of my house. Worked every time!

·
3,390 Posts
Crow, depending on how it's served can be tough to swallow. This especially true when followed by a dessert of humble pie! :supergrin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts