Durham Sought Details About Scrutiny of Clintons

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Sep 24, 2020.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"In Politically Charged Inquiry, Durham Sought Details About Scrutiny of Clintons

John Durham’s team has sought information about the F.B.I.’s handling of the Clinton Foundation investigation, raising questions about the scope of the prosecutor’s review.

[​IMG]

Hillary Clinton at an event in February. An investigation into allegations of corruption at the Clinton Foundation that began about five years ago has not resulted in any charges.Credit...Anna Moneymaker/The New York Times
    By Adam Goldman, William K. Rashbaum and Nicole Hong

• Sept. 24, 2020, 5:00 a.m. ET
    • WASHINGTON — From the beginning, John H. Durham’s inquiry into the Russia investigation has been politically charged. President Trump promoted it as certain to uncover a “deep state” plot against him, Attorney General William P. Barr rebuked the investigators under scrutiny, and he and Mr. Durham publicly second-guessed an independent inspector general and traveled the globe to chase down conspiracy theories.

It turns out that Mr. Durham also focused attention on certain political enemies of Mr. Trump: the Clintons.

Mr. Durham, the U.S. attorney in Connecticut assigned by Mr. Barr to review the Russia inquiry, has sought documents and interviews about how federal law enforcement officials handled an investigation around the same time into allegations of political corruption at the Clinton Foundation, according to people familiar with the matter.

Mr. Durham’s team members have suggested to others that they are comparing the two investigations as well as examining whether investigators in the Russia inquiry flouted laws or policies. It was not clear whether Mr. Durham’s investigators were similarly looking for violations in the Clinton Foundation investigation, nor whether the comparison would be included or play a major role in the outcome of Mr. Durham’s inquiry.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/us/politics/durham-clinton-foundation-investigation.html
    "

2. thewitt

thewitt

"...certain political enemies of Mr Trump:..." says it all...

They were not just political enemies, they were at the heart of the coup attempt. Of course the Clintons, their funding of the dossier and their selling out of the US through the Clinton Foundation were key parts of this.

How can anyone be surprised that Durham's investigations would go there?

3. Pythonman

Pythonman

I have a feeling we will be no closer to any convictions and sentencing in 4 more yrs of Trumps Presidency than we are right now.

Kablam likes this.
  4. thewitt

thewitt

Why would we be.

This is a never-ending investigation, not a criminal prosecution.

"We have to dot all the i's and cross all the t's, cause this is hard..."

Yeah, right.

Indictments and convictions of high ranking coup plotters - or it never happened.

hogship likes this.
  5. mj9mm

mj9mm

Ever turn over a board in the field and find a ball of tangled up snakes? All squirming together no way to count them or determine how many are there... that’s the situation....

hogship, railfancwb, pAZ Ron and 2 others like this.
  6. Bish1309

Bish1309

That is a great analogy! :cheers:

7. Kablam

Kablam

Make it look super thorough so that when the swampers conclude that nobody really did anything all that bad on purpose, nobody can argue the lack of consequences for what we all know that happened. Rats. Same thing they always do...Joe and Hunter, Benghazi, RosAtom, 2018 election fraud, China Virus financing and arguable the deliberate release (how come no politicians have died from China Virus?), illegal immigration, unconstitutional Obamacare, national gay marriage, Lerner/Obama IRS, the coup, fake impeachment, changing election rules at the last minute.........

8. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

pAZ Ron, Deltic, FullClip and 2 others like this.
  9. El Pistolero

El Pistolero bene vivere Silver Member

7,850 ft up in the New Mexico Rocky Mountains
    Lock them up....lock them up!

6Actual, FullClip and barryinpa like this.
  10. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

Well...I have slightly more confidence in a Townhall article than other "reputable" sources, but so far, the Clinton's have managed to elude investigations like water off a Duck's back...time will tell

El Pistolero likes this.
  11. barryinpa

barryinpa

if the wanted to, I am sure there is lots of crooked dealings to uncover. so far clinktons seem to be coated with Teflon. I would really like to see them in prison. make my day.
    Barry

FullClip and El Pistolero like this.
  12. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

They need to be charged with fraud , the money is taxable income that they didn't report. And employing their daughter with a hefty salary sounds alot like ghost employment and organized crime

railfancwb and FullClip like this.
  13. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

I got a better chance of being chosen as the next Pope and Queen of England on the same day than anything ever happening to the Clintons.

Sad, I know, but ......

[​IMG]

6Actual and Ghost doctor like this.
  14. 9XX19mm

9XX19mm

15. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"Report: Durham Investigating Main Justice Resistors Blocking FBI Subpoenas in 2016, RE: Clinton Investigation….

Posted on September 24, 2020 by sundance

Two media reports today point toward an aspect CTH had noticed happening in the background of the Durham/Aldenberg investigation.

The Washington Examiner and New York Times are writing about Durham investigating 2016 efforts from Main Justice DOJ to block FBI efforts to investigate the Clinton Foundation. The interesting part is what the media ignore (emphasis mine):

[​IMG]

WASH EXAMINER– […] The New York Times report Thursday said that Clinton Cash “caught the attention of FBI agents, who viewed some of its contents as additional justification to obtain a subpoena for foundation records,” but former officials said “top Justice Department officials denied a request in 2016 from senior FBI managers in Washington to secure a subpoena.” The outlet said that “the decision frustrated some agents who believed they had enough evidence beyond the book, including a discussion that touched on the foundation and was captured on a wiretap in an unrelated investigation.” (more)

Who was one of the “top Justice Department officials” in position to deny the 2016 request from senior FBI managers in Washington? As TechnoFog notes: “The DOJ Criminal Division Fraud Section (FSCD) would have overseen prosecutions relating to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (ie. bribery that crosses borders).”

Who was Chief, of the DOJ Criminal Division Fraud Section in 2016?

[​IMG][​IMG]

That would be Andrew Weissmann, the same corrupt epicenter of the Robert Mueller investigation. So how did the New York Times get their information about what Durham is looking into? (again, emphasis mine)

(New York Times) […] The Clinton Foundation investigation began about five years ago, under the Obama administration, and stalled in part because some former career law enforcement officials viewed the case as too weak to issue subpoenas. Ultimately, prosecutors in Arkansas secured a subpoena for the charity in early 2018. To date, the case has not resulted in criminal charges.

Some former law enforcement officials declined to talk to Mr. Durham’s team about the foundation investigation because they felt the nature of his inquiry was highly unusual, according to people familiar with the investigation. Mr. Durham’s staff members sought information about the debate over the subpoenas that the F.B.I. tried to obtain in 2016 and have also approached current agents about the matter, but it is not clear what they told investigators.

A spokesman for Mr. Durham declined to comment. (more)

Weissmann squealing to the New York Times for help…

Now this makes sense:

Share this:

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...in-2016-re-clinton-investigation/#more-200252 "

G17Jake and Burebista like this.
  16. Ghost doctor

Ghost doctor N.R.A life member. G.O.A member

Too little, too late. Nothing will happen. Durham is going to hold the results of his so-called "investigation" until after the election. Tell ya' anything?

FullClip and 6Actual like this.
  17. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

We shall see.

Burebista likes this.
  18. Burebista

Burebista "Democrats are garbage people"

Woo hoo! It's coming. Picture of Andrew Weissman perp walking is going to be the best meme of the year.

19. Burebista

Burebista "Democrats are garbage people"

I have the same feeling that something major, something that is both life and nation altering is going to happen any day now.
    You know when was the last time I had the same feeling?
    December 12, 1989.
    I remember waking up that morning and knowing that something's gotta give. I just knew it, I don't know how, there were no signs that something was going to happen, at least not signs that I was conscientiously aware of. The only thing I remember, a week before I was visiting my father in the capital Bucharest and I've seen a large number of Militsia (cops) patrolling the streets on foot in teams of three. But that happened before, nothing unusual. They were accosting people at random asking for identification papers, like you see in the movies with Nazis.
    "Papier, bitte". "Buletinul la control"
    9 days later, on December 21, Ceausescu was fleeing the Comunist Party headquarters in his French Alouette helicopter.
    Everything gave up.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    G17Jake and Dave Brubaker like this.