close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Duracoat firearms finish.....anyone?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by paltik45, Dec 8, 2006.

1. paltik45

paltik45

Fellow BOG's I've talked to Pete Rafferty of RMPgunworks www.rmpgunworks.com of Topeka, Kansas. He is a certified applicator of Duracoat firearms finish of Lauer weaponry www.lauerweaponry.com here in my neck of the woods. I met him last july with Mr. Bill loughridge of Cylinder and slide during the kansas city gun collectors gunshow. I had a very good experience with duracoat particularly in its ease of application. Now, one of my plan is to introduce this product in the Philippines. I tried "guncoat" and the main problem with this product is it can not handle cleaning solvent particularly the dreaded GASOLINE which is basicaly used by many gun owners. I first tried DURACOAT last August and after the prescribed "curing Time" I soaked my 1911 in a bucket of Gasoline for 24hrs. To my surprise the finish is still intact.:shocked: and not gummy compared to Gunkote and AlumaHyde. My first batch of Duracoat Finish had arrived in manila last week. I might try it first in our local environment to see how will it hold against the humidity during the application process. After this I might ask for volunteer pistols for trials before I jump in on the importation process. So I hope to meet with you all fellow BOG's in the next coming months. Thanks

BTW, meron na ba nag market nito sa atin? Salamat po.

2. stanship

stanship

i both tried alumahyde and gunkote om my ar15 rifles with good results, although had not subjected them to gasoline.

if ever, how much this duracoat would be?

3. s0nny_g17

s0nny_g17

you can test the product sa 1911 ko FOR FREE. hehehe:supergrin:

4. azmb17L

azmb17L

Good info, did you happen to try Norrell's in the gas bucket?

5. G19cPH

G19cPH

Can you post some pics. of your ar15.Thanks

6. mtho

mtho

7. wingz

wingz speed not power

Hi Sir paltik45, I saw that duracoat finish on one of the armscor pistols displayed at their booth last november gunshow. The finish resembles that of an OD glock to me so I asked this guy from armscor, and he told me that it's a duracoat finish. Did'nt know though if they're distributing it here. :upeyes: