close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Duracoat experts needed

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by irishbum, Mar 10, 2010.

1. irishbum

irishbum

Can I add metal flakes to duracoat without any problems? Never seen it done and only ask cause I plan on building a custom 10/22 for the Mrs.
    I was going to try to do receiver, trigger, and barrel in pink(pink and sparkley) and just thought if I could throw some small flake in there I would get extra brownie points.

Aslo will justify buying everything to do her gun for future projects.

Thanks to any and all,
    Bum

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  2. irishbum

irishbum

Nevermind finally got a customer service rep and answer was yes.

Man talk about a glock talk fail though

3. doc540

doc540

Too bad I didn't find this thread earlier.

I'm a DuraCoat expert.

I have a keyboard and an airbrush.:wavey:

4. diamondmike

diamondmike

What is this world coming too!!!.

I still can not understand why a adult would want a pink gun much less metal flake.

If or when I have to pull a gun on someone I want them to know by looking at it that its real and not somekind of toy.

Its your gun though.

5. toddmog

toddmog

He is building his wife a 10/22....I doubt she will be carrying it and need to pull it on someone. :dunno:

If my it took a pink gun to get my wife to shoot with me, she would have a pink gun. Luckily, she likes her black guns just fine.

6. toddmog

toddmog

Huge fail! I can't believe your thread was up for a whole two hours without a response. :shocked: :upeyes:

7. diamondmike

diamondmike

IMO guns are not suposed to look friendly and look like they mean business.

Not to mention how a kid could see a Barbie pink gun and pick it up thinking it was a toy.
    Years ago before all these different color guns came out if I would see a pink gun on the ground I would think it was a toy myself.

And even though he is building a 10/22 for his wife the day may come to where she needs to use it for selfdefense.

8. gbambeck1

gbambeck1 Tinfoiler

My wife wants a pink gun, fine with me, it will do the same thing the black model will....

9. Mongosafari

Mongosafari El diablo verde

irishbum,

Please post pics when done. I hope you get buckets of brownie points.

Mongo

10. FobulousGlock

FobulousGlock

I never understoold this argument. WHO leaves a loaded pink rifle or pistol just lying around when kids are around? WHO? If you are dumb enough that you leave your firearm in easy access, you should not own a gun, let alone have kids.

And what does a pink gun have to do with lacking in time of self defense? does the gun not fire because it's pink or gold?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Most of my guns are not for "pulling on someone" - I imagine his wife's .22 rifle isn't either.

My wife has a purple 9mm carbine with a Hello Kitty face on the stock.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  12. FobulousGlock

FobulousGlock

meh let them be. if it's not a 10mm or 45 acp in all black, it's not a man's gun. Even though it has been mentioned MANY times that it's for his wife. some people naturally over compensate for their short comings.

13. irishbum

irishbum

First of all my son know's guns has been shooting since he was 5 and is now turning 9. He has been taught firearm saftey,and all guns are in the safe.
    She loves my 22 this is why I decided to build her one, stock rifle is ok but won't hang with my tac-sol barrel, still deciding on trigger upgrade.(not fun unless she has a chance)
    She would never use it for self-defense as it sits in a safe downstairs with other rifles and shotguns. I have my 1911 in the safe in the room and safe is set for my fingerprints or hers, Just cuz she doesn't like it does not mean she can't shoot it. Also knows to get her and son in our room if anything happens and call 911 while waiting with the gun, if they come through the door they die, also have a 100lb rottie and a 80lb pitbull mix that they have to deal with before they get to the family.
    I only made the mistake of asking cuz I could not get a customer service rep on the phone thought someone could answer real quick for me, If you didn't like the idea of it I DON'T CARE POST ELSEWHERE ,sounds pretty simple to me. But thanks to anyone who felt they had to post anything negative.:upeyes:
    I will get some pics when its done. Found a a descent deal on a pink thumb hole stock and just figured do something she will appreciate (NOT ALL OF GLOCK TALK WILL THINKS IS COOL) since she doesn't complain about the guns I have. Also lets me get into duracoating anything I want. Again I thought 22 was a fungun not anything more ,so if it makes it fun for her why does anyone else give a *****?

14. irishbum

irishbum

apparently you do know what a smart*** is, suprised you couldn't pick up on this is what I was going for .