Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are these for tires? I heard they are a "sticky" tire and wear a little faster, but I plan on putting these on my Kawi ZZR600 so its not like I have a ton of tork. Thanks Esox357

·
NRA Life Member
369 Posts
I ran them on a 1984 700 Shadow and they wore pretty fast. I cant remember the exact mileage but I want to say 5 or 6 thousand. My tilt O meter is probably more sensitive than yours so the sides had plenty of tread on em.....Good Luck

·
Registered
62 Posts
have them on my '94 zx11. got ~6k mi on them (rode 'em hard, though. mostly texas hill country twisties and the zed isn't exactly a lightweight) liked them so much, replaced them with another set... you only have a few square inches of contact so get the best you can afford....

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
How hard are you planning on running your bike through some of the twisties over there? With a "sticky" tire you won't get very good life out of them especially if the majority of riding is going to be straightline stuff. Could get spendy to put new tires on every 6k miles if your riding doesn't require those types of tires.
Take a look at some of the duel compound tires like the Bridgstone BT021, Metzler Roadtec or something similar. They offer good life for straitline riding with a hard center compound and a stickier side for playing around in the twisties for the average rider.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do thanks for the advice. I know it will be getting time to replace, I'm still waiting to get my bike up here. Won't be much longer. Esox357.

·
NRA Endowment Life Member
329 Posts
I have those on my Hayabusa. I have had Mich PP's and the stock Bridgestone's and these are the best of the 3 in my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts