close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Duluth, run for the border

Discussion in 'North Star Glockers' started by WhatYouWant, Jun 9, 2007.

1. WhatYouWant

WhatYouWant Duh!

How long would it take to get from Duluth into Canada? I know there is not a land crossing in Duluth. Wife wants to visit Duluth (for some strange reason) and I figure i'll be close to Canada and may try and make a border crossing so I can say i've been outside the US...even if its Canada, eh.

2. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo

I believe it's another hour and a half or so. But remember the new rules, you have to either have your passport or a receipt showing that you've applied for your passport or they won't let you in.

3. WhatYouWant

WhatYouWant Duh!

Distance is not that bad.

Passport rules for land crossing don't take effect until 2008 ;) Only air & boat I think were 2007.

4. PeterJasonMN

PeterJasonMN ****

Try more like 2.5 to 3 hours depending on traffic.

5. WhatYouWant

WhatYouWant Duh!

Well, made the trip to Duluth but no further north. Went to Enger's (sp?) tower and saw the nice view. Still think the bridge I can touch from the underside is freeky (Canal Park). I think those people swimming in the lake were crazy...I only stuck my pinkie into it.

Now, for a laugh I have never heard the term Tropical Weather associated with Minnesota and you had Canadian Relief.

The people we visited started the conversion process on me. Teaching me uff da, u-betcha and a little dinner. Taking me fishing on a lake to catch northerns morning and night. Next visit...winter or hunting season depending upon schedules.

6. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo

You can't go wrong with either Ice Fishing or Deer Hunting up in that part of the state.