GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Yes, absolutely.

And if I were a more suspicious and untrusting fellow (paranoid?) I would expect the AMA to start promoting medical marijuana in place of other medications for the treatment of a wide range of conditions for this very purpose (though never admitting it, of course.)
The AMA is a medical lobbying group, no way they are going to screw their pharma bros.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I see people giving it a go just to see what all the hype is. Folks that used to smoke back in the 70's may try it again because curiosity on today's quality is far superior to back then. I also see CBD farms popping up because of the health benefits. There is probably more known health benefits then what is released.
CBD and THC are two of a great many known cannabinoids while there are others that are unknown. The legal status stifled the science for a very long time and it's only now really being fully explored.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
It's still a big deal in the construction industry. Major projects will even have onsite testing for employees. Our HR requires us to go through a professional service if a test is required instead of pissing on job site test strips but it's still a thing. As we are an international corp I imagine that Canada and other locales don't bother with it but it's still in our yearly policy handbook.
Big deal in the hazardous waste treatment and transportation industries, too.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
It's been legal here in Washington state for several years now. I think pretty much, the people who are inclined to pursue altered states are going for it an those who aren't are not.

I have a good friend who I went to High school with who got high back in the sixties, and still does today. Before it was legalized he had problems finding weed that was strong enough but now he's happy with the quality and he's found a couple of places that don't ask for ID if you're obviously over 18 and he's in his seventies. He's smoke it all his life and it never effected him negatively. He had a successful carreer, is married, and retired. It's like some people can drink "recreationally" and socially and other people become alcoholics.

As far as today's THC content being higher, we had some stuff back in the sixties that was downright hallucinogenic and not just Marijuana, but Hashish. Some of that stuff was too strong for me and I got to the point where I no longer enjoyed it unless I could get buzzed on alcohol at the same time and eventually I gave it up. Now I don't drink anymore either.
In Texas I get mostly home grown since it's illegal here. The other day I got some retail packaged stuff from California (which was a REAL weird experience in and of itself) and it was marked at 27%. It was a little stronger than what I usually get here in a plastic baggie but not like mind blowing or anything.

The quality was a hell of a lot better though.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
There are always going to be jobs that require testing but the dirty little secret is that they are super easy to beat. Like the rest of the medical industry the tests are cheap and they can charge a lot for them. I had to take one for a contract position and it was more of a formality than anything else. I ordered some "fetish urine" online, warmed it up and kept it in my skivies. Went into the bathroom, emptied the bottle and put it back in my pants. Passed with flying colors...
A few cops thought the same thing. The test caught them. And they were out of a job.

·
Registered
433 Posts
In my State they opened a legal CBD store so I did some research and there are some interesting elements to that plant. I ultimately took the plunge as I have some trouble sleeping due to ocd and various other common issues and it worked well when I got some that had high amounts of the molecule CBN. I ended up only using it for a week before discontinuing use because I’m a gun owner and feared testing positive or getting pulled over with it as the laws are a little vague. As far as the psychoactive part of weed I have no real wants for it but I have zero problem with it becoming legal in my state or any other. My state will be last though, no doubt

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Depends on the test and the PP but the brand I used hasn't failed me or anyone else I know who has used it. One dude used it for a DoT test and passed.
Okay. Take the chance but if I were in charge, you would have a hard time beating it. And one on the job accident with marijuana involved you might be saying Oh Oh even if you weren’t involved. I would require hair tests.

·
Native Mainiac
18,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
........................................................... I ordered some "fetish urine" online, warmed it up and kept it in my skivies. ...
Dang...I'm 62 years old and had no idea that you could buy stuff like that, or even worse, that there is a market for it....:eek:

But I do want to get some Fox Urine to try to keep the squirrels from wintering over in my boat this year.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Dang...I'm 62 years old and had no idea that you could buy stuff like that, or even worse, that there is a market for it....:eek:

But I do want to get some Fox Urine to try to keep the squirrels from wintering over in my boat this year.
They can't sell it as "cheat on your drug test fluid" so it's marketed as a fetish product. Same concept where Texas sex toy shops couldn't sell dildos but they could legally sell "cake toppers" that just happen to vibrate and have a very phallic shape.

·
Native Mainiac
18,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
They can't sell it as "cheat on your drug test fluid" so it's marketed as a fetish product. Same concept where Texas sex toy shops couldn't sell dildos but they could legally sell "cake toppers" that just happen to vibrate and have a very phallic shape.
How much do they charge for a jug full?

Heck, I'm sitting on a friggin' gold mine and it could save a lot of trips outside when I'm in my basement drinkin' beer.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts