Dubbel yew tea eff Ebay!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by geofri, Jan 19, 2017.

1. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™ Lifetime Member

I knew it has gone down hill... Haven't bought there for years. Except maybe when looking for chincy green lazers or some such junk. Heck.. now I'd just go to Alibaba.

I haven't sold anything for much longer. Once Bay acquired Paypal and was double taxing everything I said goodbye.

I was hesitant.. but ended up firing up the old account to sell off some old( well NIB) light fixtures I had in the attic.

Was all " your listing cost $0.00" for a fixed price listing.. ran that bad boy for a month. Shipping/printing labels was also much easier and streamlined.. still skeptical.. was too easy to be free.

Maybe made $150 bucks.. minus paypal fees... and paying for postage(paid up front at time of label printing). Oh, and my 100% seller rating expired since I haven't sold over the past 6 months.. so Paypal decided to hold the money for over 2 weeks! (After they already took a cut out themselves they also kept the rest of the money for a nice interest free 2 week+ loan.. Sweet deal!)

Now I get an "invoice" for $35 from ebay.

Listed in the breakdown are even "shipping fees" ?? assuming from the convenience of printing a label..

Didn't bother to sit down and see how bad I was really taxed.. but dang..

I know we still have a couple Ebay'ers here.. what do you actually gross out of a sale??

I'm gonna just stick with cash deals and shady people on craigslist!

Should I have read/re-read terms? yes. who's to blame? me. I just felt like whining.

2. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

I have some photography stuff to sell to fund some dental work. I thought about Flea-bay.................. for about 4 seconds! There are way too many actual photography forums to use, and pay no fees to anybody. Are there any forums related to the stuff you're selling?

3. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™ Lifetime Member

That's a good idea thanks. Unfortunately, not selling a hobby kinda item. Wall mount lighting fixtures. Need to sell these to someone remodeling their house.

4. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Have you searched Google for commercial contractor forums? Or any variant thereof? Maybe worth a shot.

5. Dragline

Dragline

I just started trying LetGo a month ago not really expecting anything but sold all four items I posted so far. Small stuff... 2 phones, a DVD player, and a HD collectible flashlight.
    Got a few bucks for junk that was just laying around.
    Previously I would have used CL.
    I did a lot of selling on ebay going back 10 years or more but just seems too much of a pain now.