close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dual Survival Season 3

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Restless28

Restless28

Dave's out. Cody has a new partner. Joe Teti is a Spec Ops guy.

I'll miss Dave, but Joe is hardcore.

2. happy seal

happy seal

What happened to Dave?

3. Restless28

Restless28

Not sure. Nothing firm to explain why.

4. Monte4283

Monte4283

He lied about his credentials from what this says. That sucks actually liked him over cody.

http://rockymountainbushcraft.blogspot.com/2012/05/dave-canterbury-leaves-dual-survival.html

This from about midway down the page of above link.....

Wikipedia, under the "Cast Changes" entry for Dual Survival, paints a less flattering picture, saying:

"In April 2012, Canterbury falsely announced that he would no longer be part of the series due to family and business reasons. In truth, in September of 2011, Canterbury was fired by Discovery for misrepresenting his military and civilian background and experience.http://www.codylundin.com/wordpress/cody-lundin-press-release/

Canterbury's false military claims can be seen on the POWnetwork.org website under their "phonies" section, letter "C". Canterbury also falsely claimed to have 20 years of survival skills experience which was proven untrue by the surfacing of Canterbury's own 2008 bio in which he was a factory worker at an auto plant in Ohio the year before he signed to be on Dual Survival. This bio can be viewed on BushcraftUSA."
    This is a statement Dave made publicly a few years ago on his Bushcraft USA bio profile, but then took it down once he was confronted with evidence that contradicted his claims:

"I was in the US Army from 1981-1988, and during this time I served in Central America, Grenada, Korea and the US, much of the time as an instructor for both US Troops and some allied forces in several specialty areas. I graduated from Airborne, Air Assault, Ranger, and Sniper Counter Sniper Schools while serving my country."

I went to POWnetwork.org and viewed Dave's military service records. From what I can tell, he was an MP in the Army for 6 years who was trained as a military police sniper and an SRT member, which is like an Army version of SWAT. There is no mention of Ranger, Survival, Scout, or Airborne Training.There is also no mention of service in Grenada or Central America, only in Korea, where his title was "ID Badge Clerk."

Obviously, the Discovery Channel and Cody figured this out last year and had to make a hard decision, or else risk losing the integrity of the show. This is really sad to hear. Dave did serve his country, but decided to embellish things which got him into trouble.

The moral of the story is, make sure to update your Bushcraft USA bio before becoming a famous TV survival show star!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  5. G17Jake

G17Jake

I watched some of it tonight. Not sure what to think about it yet. I liked it with Dave and Cody.

6. 97XJ_Sport

97XJ_Sport

That's too bad, I thought those two made a very entertaining team. But, most of us would also get fired if we were caught lying to our employer.

7. ray9898

ray9898

Dave got outed for basically lying about his military experience by some real Spc Ops guys. All the high points of his entitre military career either didn's exist or was over inflated.

8. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

It's too bad they couldn't replace cody as well.

9. Monte4283

Monte4283

:agree:

10. itstime

itstime

I just watched the new show. Didn't like it.

I'll wait to see the new show Dave and Mikel Hawke are doing together.

Dave as I understand it was Army SRT with no survival training.

11. wingryder

wingryder

What a shame. I think Canterbury is great guy and he IS the real deal. He know his craft, regardless of his resume. Dave has a ton of great info on his youtube channel... and seems very sincere. I'm not sure what he "lied" about that would get him fired, the show only ever claimed he was an SRT sniper... Reality shows get away FAR greater "fibs" than that! Can't imagine firing the guy for that... on an entertainment show!

No matter. I still like Dave and follow him on Youtube... I think Cody adds a fantastic perspective to survival... I'm reading 'All Hell...' right now. The shorts/barefoot thing was annoying for me, but seems like something perpetuated by the producers to enhance his "hippy" persona.

I personally can't wait for season 3 and beyond... Canterbury or not! Dual Survial, Survivorman & Alaska Frontier are the only shows on TV worth watching any more.... unless there is something about space/universe/planets. All these garbage shows about nutty "preppers", red-neck reptile killers, moonshiners, etc... intentionally cast a negative light on gun owners, and self reliance.

12. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Clicked on it last night, and thought it was strange that there was someone else in the show. Don't follow it, so I didn't know what was going on. Maybe the new guy won't be such a complainer.

13. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

I gave up on the staged bull **** last year but man there is nothing new on right now so I flipped over, saw the new guy. Decided to record the early morning repeat and I'll catch it later.

But I did see the part where they were arguing over whether or not to get firewood, and kept flipping back to the side interviews. DRAMA QUEENS. It felt like I was watching one of those greasy hardcore pawn shows.

Person 1: bla bla bla
    Person 2's interview OH NO THEY DIDNT
    Person 2 to person 1: well maybe
    Person 1's interview: WHO THEY THINK THEY TALKIN' TO!

14. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

I watched the first "pre" episode last night, which is where they discussed the new guy and showed brief clips from upcoming full episodes. What a joke.

I got near the end, and they showed the new guy hunting a pig. He put up some wire fencing to funnel it into a narrow area. He jumps in and stabs it with a spear, THEN he pulls a knife and goes in to cut its throat.

Then? He looks around like he's doing "who's coming at me now?" type stuff like you might see in a Gunsite class (after you shoot the first obvious threat you scan for any other possible threats).

Ridiculous seeing him doing that. He's a ******. It was a laughable scene. I deleted that show from my DVR and don't know if I'll watch any others.

I liked Dave, hated to hear about his not being honest with them.

15. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

It was watchable with Dave, although the 2nd season was a step down from the 1st. The 3rd season lacks the chemistry and balance of the previous duo. Now it's just a nagging hippy and some dude who drank his own piss one episode in kind of show.

16. DaverZ

DaverZ

I watched last night,it was like the old bull(Cody) trying to educate the young bull (Teti).Teti is daring and good but Cody can teach him a lot.

17. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I loved Dave. Just his low-IQ-like "Gimme sum meet!" attitude was funny. Cody needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Most times, he DOES know everything. But then they get into an area with razor sharp ice crystals to walk on and he's useless. He needs to die to that "I haven't worn shoes in X years" thing.

18. VinnieG

VinnieG

I agree bro. That was the part of the show where I nearly turned it off, he looked like an idiot. I will watch one more episode and make up my mind

19. PBCounty

PBCounty

:supergrin: That it was.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013