close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dual DVD drive problem.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by GlocksRock, Aug 24, 2006.

1. GlocksRock

GlocksRock No California

I have two dvd drives, on a DVD-ROM (slave) and a DVD burner (master). I recently had the motherboard replaced under warranty, and since I got the new mobo in, the slave drive runs slower when ripping dvds. When I change from master/slave and put both drives on cable select,the drive that was previously set to slave now runs faster, while the previous master drive runs slower. I originally had this same problem when I added the second drive, but solved the problem by changing both drives from CS and using the master and slave settings. I changed the jumpers back to master and slave and the problem is still there. I checked in the device manager and it shows two Primary IDE channels, and the first one under device 0 and device 1 both show current transfer mode as Ultra DMA Mode 5, and the second listing of the primary IDE channel as device 0 having Ultra DMA mode 2, and Device 1 using PIO mode, while teh secondary IDE channel is not applicable.

Any idea what could be causing the slave drive to run slow, and how I can make it be fast again?

2. GlocksRock

GlocksRock No California

Ok, I figured out what the problem was.

3. NetNinja

NetNinja Always Faithful

Ok this is a teaching Forums, please share your experience.
    :)