So I just switched from one DSL carrier (based in India apparently) to another (thus far in the U.S.). So far so good. But then I'm not getting the advertised speed. So I start out at eight this morning chatting with tec support, 2.5 hours later I've been cutoff three times and had to restart each time with the diagnostic. "What's trouble are you having?" "I'm very sorry about that, lets see what we can do." "I've got to tell you that most DSL problems are related to improper use of the line filters...." blah blah blah, till they get to a step that results in getting me cut off, and I start over. Apparently they're incapable of re-connecting you with the person you were working with last; they also cant pick up the diagnosis where you left off. Pathetic! Even their chat IM software is garbage. So finally I get pissy with the last girl, and she takes my number and within a minute an actual person in the local CO calls me. Within about 2 minutes he throws a switch or something and I'm running at advertised speed; Twice the download as I was getting from e-India, and 12 times the upload!