close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DSL from Sprint - common problems and solutions?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ToyotaMan, Sep 24, 2004.

1. ToyotaMan

ToyotaMan

My business gets its internet connection from Sprint "FastConnect" DSL. We've got the Sprint DSL router, their Series 645, hooked up to a hub. I did a speed test about an hour ago, and it came back as very fast. But, sometimes multiple times a day, from 1 to maybe 5 or 10 minutes at a time, our ability to browse the internet goes down.

It comes up eventually without any help on its own. But it happens all the time and is extremely frustrating as it comes and goes without warning or cause.

Are there common problmes with DSL? Or perhaps something within a network's settings that would make it come and go without warning?

I have some experience setting up networks. I can usually play with the OS settings until the solution is found, but I'm really not all that computer savvy.

So any 'solution for a dummy' would be helpful.

2. ToyotaMan

ToyotaMan

Update: I just got off the phone with the Sprint tech support folks. They did a test of the line and there are apparently errors from both the Central Office and router side that apparently increase as time goes on. Perhaps this increase in errors is what shuts down our connection? I'm not certain and he didn't say, I'm just guessing.

But, they'll be bringing a replacement router on Monday and hopefully that will fix the problem.