Drunk Driver-called 911

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by CodyBoy, Jan 12, 2010.

1. CodyBoy

CodyBoy

Was behind drunk driver and called 911 to report it. Followed them for about 5 miles while giving update report to 911 operator.

Truck crossed into on coming traffic several times, hit the curb twice, went into the ditch backed out, almost slammed the guard rail at the creek, then finally ended when they .......

pulled into a ..... get this, a freaking bar!

The sheriff showed up, went into the bar, pulled her arse out of there and took her for a ride to jail. She did not pass go or collect any money . :rofl:

I cannot stand DD

2. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

Good call. I have had a few of those myself. I love seeing the LEO car come up behind me and pulling them over.

3. EM87

EM87

From the title of the thread, it almost looks like you meant that the drunk driver called on another drunk driver. That would be pretty great.

4. EM87

EM87

P.S. Good for you! I would have done the same thing.

5. chuckman

chuckman

When I was a paramedic, I got a call from the cops to "evaluate a drunk guy to see if he's sober enough for jail." Same thing...erratic driving, hitting the curb, swerving. As a matter of protocol I checked his glucose...32. I gave him some sugar, he 'woke' up. He was definitely driving while impaired (the lingo in NC), but definitely wasn't a drunk driver. The cops called me because the dude wasn't compliant with a field sobriety test and had a gut feeling something else could have been wrong. Don't know why this thread made me think of that.

Edited to add: I would have done the same thing. I despise, nay, loathe drunk drivers.

6. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

Thanks for doing that.

What do you want to bet that she says all her legal problems are YOUR fault?

7. chris in va

chris in va

I've done that a few times, they tell me "we'll send someone out there" and I never see a cruiser.

We followed a car for a few miles that was weaving all over the interstate, and when everything slowed to a standstill due to an accident we got out and informed the deputy of the problem.

The female driver then got out, weaved over to him and started joking about something. He started laughing and we just stood there dumbfounded. "She was weaving all over the road" we told him, he said "That may be, but I didn't see it so there's nothing I can do".

That's the last time I made an effort to get LEO's involved.

8. Glenn129

Glenn129

I did that once, and the car load of drunks were intoduced to a Georgia State Patrol.