Registered
18,179 Posts
IBTL.

Hell of a way to go.

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
Registered
10,526 Posts
I'm reminded of the Magnificent Seven movie. Steve McQueen said a guy fell off a 10 story building. On the way down, as he passed each floor, someone asked, How's it going? The guy replied So far, so good.

The pictures of that guy falling and hitting didn't bother me. You take a risk, sometimes you pay the price. People need to learn that. I've taken a lot of risk in both caving all over the western and parts of the eastern US; as well as fifth class rock climbing in Yosemite. I knew the consequences if I misjudged my abilities.

Now in my 70's I have scaled back my risk taking somewhat, but not entirely. You haven't lived if you haven't taken a risk IMO.

·
Native Mainiac
18,806 Posts

Now in my 70's I have scaled back my risk taking somewhat, but not entirely. You haven't lived if you haven't taken a risk IMO.
I'm maybe a decade behind you, and my whole "risk/reward" analysis has gotten much more strict whenever I catch myself about to do something silly.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ted Nugent "swan dive to the street" <---can't remember the name of the song. Its and permanent solution to a temporary problem, just my 2cents

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
Messing around he was. Then he made made a mess.

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Ted Nugent "swan dive to the street" <---can't remember the name of the song. Its and permanent solution to a temporary problem, just my 2cents

"Dog eat Dog"

Reactions: TBO

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
What if later reports revealed that he was a convicted serial child molester/killer who had broken out of prison and was a fleeing felon?
Please, and what if it just someone with a poorly treated mental condition that never actually hurt anyone..

All we have is this video, and you're grasping for a reason to be a ghoul...
It's beneath you

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Please, and what if it just someone with a poorly treated mental condition that never actually hurt anyone..
Well, in that case it wouldn't be appropriate to make light of it. OBVIOUSLY.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts