Drug Overdoses...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by eagle359, Sep 23, 2020.

1. jimcorbin

jimcorbin

That would never happen here. Follow the money. Follow it. You’ll see how high up it goes.

Upgrayedd likes this.
  2. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

This is nothing like murdering an innocent, unborn child. Not even close.

Hoochrunners, Wojo88, norton and 2 others like this.

3. CBennett

CBennett

I dont care..I said what MY opinion/thoughts were I didnt say thats whats going to happen is....

jimcorbin likes this.
  4. TxGator33

TxGator33

Didnt Portugal do something along these lines with good results?

5. IOmm

IOmm ╠╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬ƩȠƩƦƓY╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╣ Silver Member

I never said anything about murder (abortion). I said how an abortion doctor may talk...you know their nonchalant attitude toward the value of life.

Darkangel1846 likes this.
  6. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

As far as I concerned the ones who OD more than once should be left to deal with it on their own, if they die they die. If they wanted to live they would wake up and quit after the first time

7. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Ok. Then how much is a junkies life worth to you? Would you spend a billion dollars to give a junkie an extra couple days between his current o.d., and his next one? Are you willing to pull out your wallet and cover the costs personally?

FullClip likes this.
  8. pgg00

pgg00

Yep. I've said that in community meetings when they demanded that we do more to catch dealers. I told them that if we arrested every single one in our area it wouldn't make a difference. Their dope using family members would just go to the neighboring city to get their drugs. The problem lies with the users. If there were no drug users there would be no drug dealers. It is basic economics

jimcorbin and Upgrayedd like this.
  9. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Damn right. But that means that the problem is in our own homes and hearts. Nobody is going to go along with that.

jimcorbin and pgg00 like this.
  10. pgg00

pgg00

Dopers have figured out the treatment scam. They now cry to the court every time they are arrested so they get sent to "treatment" instead of jail. As soon as they get out they are back doing their dope. Some have been a dozen times in the last few years. The suboxone and methadone "clinics" are the same way. Simply used if they can't find the dope they want.

jimcorbin likes this.
  11. IOmm

IOmm ╠╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬ƩȠƩƦƓY╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╣ Silver Member

Well, I really don't equate human life with dollar signs. But, I can tell you this...if you was dying and I could save you I would. You may not be a "junkie" but I'm sure you are into some type of sin...like everyone else. For all you know, the junkie you would let die, could be the one who would have pulled a loved one of yours out of a burning car...

12. Toocool45

Toocool45

My nephew died from drug addiction. He took liquid codine. Its been about 3 years ago. My sister is still not over it.

faceplant likes this.
  13. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

No easy solution for any of this.

For me, I've been lucky, it hasn't touched me, my family or friends.

It's gotta be real bad for parents who thought they brought up the kids correctly and lose one or more to drugs.

norton, Lt. Donn and chemboy like this.
  14. banger

banger

The fact that your sister is sad and heartbroken is unfortunate......

Just tell me.... why should I or anyone else care?

If it were important, they would have done an intervention.

Consider...... How great this nation could be if every junkie went away tonight.

Just think about how crime rates would plummet without these losers.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  15. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

You can intervene all you want, it won't do a damn bit of good until the junkie is ready to try to beat their addiction.

Last count I know 32 people that have died from heroin OD's the past 4 years. No one close to me, just people I know from tending bar. That list includes a high school teacher, a town cop who OD'd while on the job, a Corrections Officer, all the way down the economic and class spectrum to street people. The ones I knew well all had the opportunity to go to rehab, some went, most didn't. They did not want to get better, despite their families and friends trying to get them to want to.

faceplant and Flying-Dutchman like this.
  16. thewitt

thewitt

.... and the druggies will OD again and again until one day no one is there to bring them back from death's door...

17. Scott1970

Scott1970

I've watched the same people overdose multiple times. Lives saved from certain death each time. And when the Narcan doesn't work, the EMTs drill a hole into the marrow of the shinbone and inject Narcan there. It practically brings them back from the dead. Personally, I despise needles, so drill bits into the bone gives me the willies every time I watch it.

18. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

OK...so, I have read and pondered on every post on this sad topic. Many heartless responses and several well-thought ones as well.
    While drug abuse as a category is a huge problem, and one which sucks up a huge amount of public $ to "try" and control, it pales in comparison with Alcohol Addiction and the effects of long-term nicotine abuse in this country...yet few seem to want to abandon Alcoholics or those suffering from COPD due to nicotine abuse...both of which were self-inflicted...just like drugs...and from my experience on the street for 25 yrs...I saw countless more broken families and shattered lives due to alcohol abuse, than I ever did from drug abuse. The Human Heart is the problem...until we figure out a way to fix the reason "Why" folks abuse themselves, there is no "fixing" any of this...

19. Scott1970

Scott1970

I used to say I would MUCH rather weed be legal and alcohol banned based on my experiences at work, although weed is now on the cusp of full legalization. I've seen plenty of women beat bloody from a drinking boyfriend/husband, but I've never seen it from weed.

And I've spoken to a number of these "POS worthless junkies." Sat down and had real conversations. They hate their addiction, they usually hate themselves. Sadly, many of them were decent citizens with jobs, spouses, families, and strong community ties. Then one day they got hurt at work or in a car crash. Chronic pain, legal pain meds, never physically healing, then one day their doctor says no more medication. They then turn to friends or family for prescription drugs, because their bodies absolutely have to have the meds at that point. Then they hit the street trying to find the opioids they can't live without. Along the way they loose everything and become the subhumans we see on the roadside or on the news. Then they get the stuff laced with fentanyl, which is about all of it, and they die.

Had big pharma and countless doctors not passed out opioid meds like Halloween candy for so many years, followed by .gov abruptly stopping it once it was too late, this fentanyl crisis I see wouldn't be that big of a deal right now.

Here, take all the legal, synthetic heroin you want, it'll be okay. Thanks, doctor, it helps with the pain. Then...No more for you!

Andy P likes this.
  20. ray9898

ray9898

It is easy to be callus on the internet. In real life these are real people with families who care about them and which you know nothing about how they tried to help.

I have told quite a few mothers and fathers about he death of their child. Most of these were normal hardworking people who had one child go down the wrong road while their siblings stayed straight. So, no matter how I feel about the life the addict lived, I can still show some compassion for their parents.

Andy P, mdlott and faceplant like this.