close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Drug heads

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Drain You, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

As in, real drugs, not pot.

My best friend of a long time & I parted ways a few years ago because he was just too far gone. You name it, he did it. Constantly. He would kick one particular drug but replace it with another, fighting his inner demons I guess.

It wasn't a clean break though, because we're from a small town and he associates with an equally as bad relative and another one that chases pills like it is a real job.

So I'd hear about him through the grapevine, so to speak. Eventually it got to a point to where I thought he was doing well enough and I really needed the friend back that he use to be, so I called him.

We've been talking, texting. Hung out twice, of course he's expensive to entertain as he as no job, so I limit those encounters. Not that I mind, don't. I just can't afford it.

So I'm at work Friday, I see a missed call from him and I call him back. He rambles on about being at an ER in an adjoining state, I ask why he is there, something about he rode with someone to pick up their kid, pain management clinic, took something, mumble mumble mumble and he was crying the entire time.

I have no idea what he was talking about and I had to go, I told him I'd call him when I could. I text him yesterday, no answer.

So I call him earlier, I'm asking him how he is doing, he sounds normal. A little bewildered as to the concern in my voice, he is totally shocked when I speak about him calling me Friday.

He doesn't remember any of it, and seems hesitant to talk about anything, but does admit that he was several sheets into the wind and remembers the day, but not calling me.

Drug heads.

2. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

3. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

[​IMG]

4. Paul53

Paul53 Authorized SKYNET Distributor.

It must be painful for you to see your friend like this. It's sad that only he can change his behavior. Until HE decides to change nothing will help him, and generally that kind of life leads to a negative spiral. He's lucky to have a person like you that cares what happens to him. Give yourself credit for caring, and probably feeling helpless, but there are some things in the world we can not change. Feel free to pm me if you want.

5. Detectorist

Detectorist

I stay away from folks who use drugs and folks who need alcohol to get through their day. Therefore, around here, I have no friends.

6. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Yeah, when I first stated reading that I wondered if you live in a bubble.

7. Detectorist

Detectorist

Drain you, there is nothing you can do. Stay away from your friend until you're sure he's clean. Until then, he will lie, cheat, and do anything to deny his problem and take advantage of you.

8. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Pot is a real drug and isn't ok either.

9. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Well, caffeine is a "real drug," but as to whether any substance is "ok," it's really up to the user/abuser. I imagine there are some people with the willpower such that they could enjoy heroin on a strictly occasional basis ... but the thing is, most persons that disciplined wouldn't mess with smack in the first place. That's the irony of it. Drugs don't make people become life-wasting losers - they just help reveal such personalities to the rest of us. There are plenty of people who enjoy coming home after a full day of work and having a few drinks, or smoking some pot -- and I don't think it's any of your's or anyone else's business unless and until it begins to affect their day-to-day functioning out in the world, such as not showing up to work, not paying bills, driving while drunk/high, and etc. And when those problems do occur, then those people should suffer the consequences for it, without the benefit of any social safety net.

I say this as someone who accomplished quite a bit in life as a functioning, responsible, daily pot smoker, so I speak from experience. I quit all manner of drinking and smoking when I got married 12 years ago. My wife already had an 8 yr old, and it just didn't go with the new lifestyle. I probably overreacted, but better to err on the safe side I guess. He's now 20 and my daughter's 9, and while I have stuck to this for the most part I do now have some whiskey on Fri-Sat nights, just here at home. But who knows ... when I get older and have less to be responsible for, perhaps I'll start hitting the bong again LOL.

10. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Pot is a real drug.

I don't remember ever hearing, such as happened here, "a eighteen wheel truck driver, on Pot, lost control of his rig and rolled it over on the car of a young mother and her baby killing them".

Dope is dope and that includes Pot.

All the phoney arguments about caffine, alcohol, etc, being a drug doesn't change a thing. Dope is dope.
    If you are a doper, you are a doper, PERIOD.

You also are a supporter and partner of the murdering drug cartels that supply your dope.
    How does it feel being a member of the drug gangs that murder people so you can get your fix?

As far as having a "friend" on dope. Screw them. Nobody holds a gun to their heads and makes them use that s***.
    The faster they OD the better.

11. Tony44

Tony44 That Guy Millennium Member

That's a connection that a lot of those "casual users" fail to understand. Drives me crazy when I hear one of them say "It's just a little pot, I'm not hurting no one".

12. JBnTX

JBnTX

Proof positive that dopers live in a fantasy world.

Marijuana IS a real drug.
    Quit making excuses for it.

13. Lampshade

Lampshade

I'm sorry, are you trying to say alcohol is not a real drug?

:rofl:

14. Lampshade

Lampshade

Believes in a supernatural, omnipotent, anthropomorphic deity.

Accuses others of living in a fantasy world.

:rofl:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  15. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

Do you support the Constitution as written?

16. Lampshade

Lampshade

Apparently its also a connection that a lot of prohibitionists fail to understand.

How much of this country's alcohol and tobacco gets smuggled in from south of the border by the cartels?

Not very much?

Interdasting.

17. certifiedfunds

Interdasting indeed

18. certifiedfunds

Actually, government prohibition created the cartels and strengthens them everyday. So as a Prohibitionist, YOU actually support them.

Truth hurts sometimes.

19. eccho

eccho

That sucks about your friend. I've been taken advantage of by degenerates before, and while it is a long story I will say once upon a time I had a very difficult time saying no when people asked me for something I had, and now I don't.

Also, "casual pot smokers" fail to realize that being "casual pot smokers" destroys their credibility to people who don't also smoke pot. It would be like if every gun owner fighting for their rights had inherently illegal firearms at home, and everyone knew it.

I know someone (who I won't name) who is baked more often than not. He has a marijuana charge on his record. He used to be a mechanic, making decent money. Now nobody will hire him so he is stuck at Mcdonalds. You can smoke pot, get busted and take your "slap on the wrist", but the record WILL stick. Also, potheads are NEVER, EVER, ever, as inconspicuous as they like to think they are. Employers, co-workers, friends, people and general can usually tell.

20. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I didn't say alcohol is not a real drug.

Dopers using the alcohol excuse to justify their use of other drugs is a BS argument. Two wrongs don't make a right.

If you use (illegal) drugs you are a DOPER. Just because someone else uses some other (legal) drugs (alcohol) that doesn't make you any less of a Doper.

And you are an accessory to murder.
    In the last few months how many mothers and their children have been murdered by the alcohol industry so people can have a drink?
    How many mothers and children have been murdered in the last few months so the Dopers can get "high".

And NO, I don't drink, but I feel the same way about alcohol.
    No one forces you to get high, so if you drink and harm someone, like drinking and driving I think the penalty should be hanging.

The difference is Dopers are responsible for the murders and tortures done by the drug gangs to bring then their dope.

Drunks mostly do their own harm and killing. (as in the innocent people they hurt and kill while drunk driving)

Hey, use that s*** if you are that weak but don't try to justify it.:upeyes: