Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
As for "dropping" a weapon?

I made that mistake only ONCE some 35+ years ago; dead tired on the parade deck at Parris Island, SC.....sitting on the very top aluminum bleachers and the front (maybe rear) sling separated from my rifle....

"Clack, Clack, Clack!" as it bounced off the deck below!

Not my best day of USMC recruit training (summer 1984).........

·
NRA "Benefactor Life" Member
726 Posts
Lol you guys are funny and I appreciate the reassurance. II'll go out and fire off a few rounds asap.
It's all good. I had a friend over to do some shooting on my range. I was loading extra mags. for the day, I was in the basement concrete floor and all, when my friend was going to "help". He grabbed a couple of fully loaded 17 rd. 9mm mags. and dropped one. It hit the concrete hard, I picked it up checked for cracks then checked the lips all was good and looked brand new. I doubt if a pressed metal magazine would have faired as well.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
As for "dropping" a weapon?

I made that mistake only ONCE some 35+ years ago; dead tired on the parade deck at Parris Island, SC.....sitting on the very top aluminum bleachers and the front (maybe rear) sling separated from my rifle....

"Clack, Clack, Clack!" as it bounced off the deck below!

Not my best day of USMC recruit training (summer 1984).........
Been on those same bleachers.

·
Elite Member
6,661 Posts
Dropped my 27 on pavement 10 years ago. Pushed the rear sight over but otherwise not a scratch.my cousin now owns it and it is still going strong to this day. Just shoot the dang thing. It isn't fine China, it's the must rugged gun ever made. Now act accordingly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Accidentally droppedmy 26 today. I have no problems racking a round but cycling the rounds in the magazine is difficult and very resistance.

Am I being paranoid or is this perfectly normal.
Your G26 is your equipment and I do equipment check. You got to be prepared. Now anecdotally bubba will say your Glock will be okay after a nuclear blast.

I am retired now but I carried weapons in life and death situations for 40+ years. If I think I might have a problem with one Glock I would carry my second Glock until the first one is checked out.

All part of the two = one, one = zero thing. JMHO YMMV.

·
Elite Member
6,661 Posts
Your G26 is your equipment and I do equipment check. You got to be prepared. Now anecdotally bubba will say your Glock will be okay after a nuclear blast.

I am retired now but I carried weapons in life and death situations for 40+ years. If I think I might have a problem with one Glock I would carry my second Glock until the first one is checked out.

All part of the two = one, one = zero thing. JMHO YMMV.
Sound advice!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Man that’s a bummer. Sorry that happened.

I would probably feel the same as you and be a little paranoid and concerned. I definitely have OCD tendencies over my guns and other valuable items that are important to me that I’ve spent a good amount of cash on. I use that hard earned cash to buy the most durable, reliable, invincible gun I can get and I still baby it. Go figure.

I don’t have any experience like this one but from all the torture tests and drops tests etc I’d be willing to say your gun is fine. BUT as always, check it out and inspect it to make sure everything looks ok and be safe.

·
Elite Member
6,661 Posts
do like the sig forum guys do and cry about it for no less than 7 days, blame everyone but yourself, demand that the company fixes it for you then sell it to buy a pristine condition one and never take it out of the safe ever again.
That is the funniest thing I've read all day. Thankyou.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.