Driving games only?

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by One Ragged Hole, Feb 15, 2005.

1. One Ragged Hole

One Ragged Hole Dis ain't funny

Does anyone play driving games only, GT 3 and the like? And not the ones where the opponents crash into you, but the AI acts real. Has anyone heard of Grand Prix II for the PC?
    O-R-H

2. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

For the all time best driving experience on a PC, you absolutely cannot beat "Grand Prix Legends", it has the best physics of any PC racer by far.
    Steep learning curve, but it is awesome when you get the hang of it.
    GPL and a good Logitech wheel and you are set.
    You can probably find it in the bargain bin for under $20 as well.

3. Tvov

Tvov

We've got a couple Need for Speed games.

NFSIII:High Stakes is very good, but it is pretty old now. Has two player for PC, and when my son and I play the cops and set up speed traps we have a blast.

We recently got NFS:High StakesII, and it is okay. It doesn't have two player! This was a great disappointment. The graphics are better, but that doesn't make up for lack of 2 player.

4. David N.

David N.

Ever tried Nascar Racing 2003 Season? I think it was from the same people. To me, its the most realistic. If you don't like cup cars, the game has the physics for busch cars, trucks, and trans am built it. You can download the additional series and cars sets from www.theuspits.com. There are several mods based on the trans am physics. There are at least two different car model sets for high hp sports cars, and a touring car mod using one of the models. You can also download additional tracks, a lot of them converted from the original GPL tracks. I have Laguna Seca, Mosport, Sebring, Daytona RC, Nurburgring, and others. Right now I'm downloading an updated version of Nurburgring (based on how it was in 1970) with improved graphics and better track modeling. Plus you can race online in any of the mods with up to 42 total people.

5. modgun

modgun CLM

PGR II on xbox live.
    Nothing compares.