Glock Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
In the STL
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never traveled to another state with my firearm that has reciprocity with my Missouri CCW permit. I'll be driving from St. Louis to New Orleans next week and I know the states I will be driving through has reciprocity.... Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana. I'm assuming it will be lawful for me to be carrying either on me while in my vehicle or having it in my console while driving. If I were to stop along the route, like in Memphis for the evening, is there anything prohibiting I should know about with me having another state's permit, or is it treated the same as having one from that state?

·
Registered
446 Posts
There is a phone app called "CCW" that keeps their reciprocity data base up to date pretty well. Another app called "posted" keeps a database of business that prohibit carry on their premises. These 2 apps are what I use when I travel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've never traveled to another state with my firearm that has reciprocity with my Missouri CCW permit. I'll be driving from St. Louis to New Orleans next week and I know the states I will be driving through has reciprocity.... Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana. I'm assuming it will be lawful for me to be carrying either on me while in my vehicle or having it in my console while driving. If I were to stop along the route, like in Memphis for the evening, is there anything prohibiting I should know about with me having another state's permit, or is it treated the same as having one from that state?
Just Google Concealed Carry and you will get sites that post ALL states requirements. BUT, MO and the other states you list are pretty much the same.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
A lot of times you have to stay clear of places that serve alcohol. A lot of restaurants aren't a part of that, but maybe if there was a "bar" involved that would be different. Common sense says to stay clear of that situation anyway. Here is a good site that is popular:

http://www.handgunlaw.us
Agree.

I spend a lot of time in New Orleans. NOPD is pretty nice with folks.

I wouldn't carry in bars and I sure as heck would lock up my firearm if you have to leave it somewhere.

·
In the STL
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been here since Sunday.

I did get that app that let's me check the laws in different states. The law is pretty much the same as it is in Missouri.

My hotel is on Bourbon St, but I really don't partake in the bar/drinking scene. I'm here with my family and have carried pretty much everywhere except for the museums next to the St. Louis Cathedral. I put it in a lockbox I have cabled up in the hotel room before going there.

Speaking of police, there are many outside my hotel (and sometimes in the lobby) in the afternoons/evenings, with their vehicles parked along side the hotel. Most are State Troopers, with a few NOPD

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Been here since Sunday.

I did get that app that let's me check the laws in different states. The law is pretty much the same as it is in Missouri.

My hotel is on Bourbon St, but I really don't partake in the bar/drinking scene. I'm here with my family and have carried pretty much everywhere except for the museums next to the St. Louis Cathedral. I put it in a lockbox I have cabled up in the hotel room before going there.

Speaking of police, there are many outside my hotel (and sometimes in the lobby) in the afternoons/evenings, with their vehicles parked along side the hotel. Most are State Troopers, with a few NOPD
Louisiana State Police have been brought in to supplement NOPD in the French Quarter.

Sounds like you've got this covered.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
My rules are, no one sees my gun and I behave myself so as not to draw attention.

Even if you have memorized every law in every jurisdiction you plan to travel through you may run afoul of other laws and banned areas.

I am not a curmudgeon, I am THE Curmudgeon!

·
Registered
12,596 Posts
I haven't been out of state with my weapon either. What I plan to do, is call the state police of each state I am going and ask what I need to know about traveling through his/her jurisdiction with my weapon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.