1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
bene vivere
1,781 Posts
I drink two cups of coffee in the morning and one in the afternoon, followed by a large mug of green tea in the afternoon everyday. I do that because I enjoy drinking these two beverages. If they are beneficial to my health that is a bonus.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Summary:
Risk of death from any cause was 63% less in individuals drinking 4 cups or more of green tea, plus 2 or more cups of coffee per day according to a study published tracking 4900 participants in Japan.

·
κολασμένος
18,251 Posts
So you're advocating the use of addictive chemicals?! :shocked:

·
Registered
26,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a note. This study was on diabetics only. Folks with diabetes have a shorter life expectancy and coffee and green tea might help them reach an age close to the life expectancy of the general population.

Reactions: Ghost doctor

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
I limit myself to one cup of coffee a day. Caffeine causes wrinkles.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I was a horrible addict at one time 10 or more cups a day, pretty much the entirety of my fluids before 5pm

Now 2 or 3

·
Caffeinator
5,275 Posts
Well, it looks like I am on the right track.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
So do diet colas and beer count? Asking for a stupid friend!
Stay away from diet colas. Just don’t.

As for the beer, there’s always coffee stouts & porters.

·
N.R.A life member. G.O.A member
1,088 Posts
Green tea is great for weight loss because it speeds up your metabolism. It also fights free radicals in the body, and is also a proven cancer fighter.

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
The benefits of coffee has been in numerous studies for over 30 years, it's the only good thing I got from the Army.

Reactions: Detectorist
1 - 20 of 20 Posts