close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dremel...

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by glock23_7274, Mar 1, 2005.

1. glock23_7274

glock23_7274 Glock23 & AR-15

Good day mga BOGs...

I was just wondering, saan tayo makabili ng "Dremel"??? planning to polish the internals of my Glock23... Please help me naman kung me alam kayo saan makabili dyan sa manila or any part of luzon... Pls include phone numbers and address... Maraming salamat in advance...

2. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

sa Ace hardware sa lahat ng SM Malls. Hahn Tools or True Value sa Shangrila mall. Madami din mga available attachments and bits doon. Mas mura siguro sa mga hardware shops in Manila or Binondo.

got mine for P4800 5 yrs ago at SM hardware section. Decided to get it here bec. it was almost the same price (5 yrs ago, that is) if you'll get it in the US. And since the US model is 110v, you'll need a transformer.

The dremel is a very sophisticated tool and also a very dangerous one! hahaha!

3. paltik45

paltik45

Sir I used to see it at ACE hardware I dont know now kung saan pa meron. By the way that was way back in 1999. Just a reminder Sir IMHO for polishing and fine tuning your guns internals you can use jewelers file or stones. Always think that the internals of your gun as a fine Swiss watch that has a pretty high tolerance. It only needs a few storkes of the file or stone(double sided carbide honing stone) a.k.a "Hasaan" will also work. Lastly it is easier to remove material or worst ruin the parts using power tools. Been there done that.;)

4. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Stay away from the dremel! ;);f

5. glock23_7274

Thanks a lot eye-cutter, paltik45, mc_oliver ,

maraming salamt sa mga suggestions nyo mga pards... I'll sure go to the places you mentioned when I'll get to manila, or cebu next month... Maybe i'll also think twice or practice muna a lot in using the dremel and see it's effect on other metals regarding it's polishing attributes or mga risks, before i'll try it sa internals ng glock ko..
    Kelangan praktis muna ako sa ibang metal to see how it works...

6. FAlvar

FAlvar I love Iya

How do you polish Tupperware? (biro lang!)

Dremels are very useful in the house. You can make holes, smooth things up and in a cinch, it's a decent drill. But use India or Arkansas stones or jewelers' files on your gun muna. The Dremel is just for finishing/polishing. The only Dremel tool heads that come in contact with my guns are the wire brush and the buffing cloth bits.

7. paltik45

paltik45

Last but not the least, try to look for "CRATEX " bits or attachments they are realy good for polishing. I think you can get some at jewelry supply shop in manila.

8. vega

vega

You don't need a dremel to polish the internals, liha lang ang katapat nyan.

vega

9. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Prang pinaka kumpleto ng Dremel including all the bits and accessories ay sa Hahn tools sa Shangrila Mall.

10. glock23_7274

Sa lahat na nag reply sa tanong ko.... Maraming-maraming salamat sa inyong lahat... Muchas Garcias Kun Ustedes Todo..... Na Otravez... ;f

11. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

There is an el cheapo alternative to the dremel. Sa SM Ace meron sila nung tig P999 na battery-powered rotary tool. Kompleto na rin sa heads and bits but the motor runs only at a single speed. For polishing work pwede na yun.

If you decide to get that, post ka uli dito kung tumatagal ha. ;f

Before, I used an ordinary drill to do dremel work. Pero sa laki kasi ng drill, kelangan mo yung yaya humawak sa baril kung wala kang bench vise. ;f

12. glock23_7274

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Palagay ko ok yan na suggest mo mc_oliver, by the way, I called SM southmall, Las Piñas, wala sila nung sinasabi mo na tag Php999.00... San SM branch mo pala nakita?? thanks.. PM me...;f

13. jasonub

jasonub

makro is selling one that looks like a dremel 800 lang ata with all the bits etc. multi speed pa ata check it out at makro

14. infinitecolt

infinitecolt

Try Black & Decker's Rotary tool which also uses the Dremel attachments. The Black & Decker is more readily available.

15. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

Try to find models which have at least 30,000 rpm. Mas maganda nga kung pneumatic die grinder ang gamitin kasi up to 80,000 rpm.

16. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Try Panda Construction located along Araneta Avenue opposite Funeraria Paz. I think they're the importers of Dremel here in the Philippines. Don't have the number anymore, but I did inquire in the past and they sell them.

17. mbclubph

mbclubph GREEN MINDED

meron sa ace hardware southmall black and decker P3,995.00 sale sila ngayon yung dremel brand naman availale sa true value alabang town center only P4,200 ata or 4,300 meron din rotary tool made in china sa ace kaya lang 10,000 rpm lang pero mura P999.00:)

18. glock23_7274

MbclubPh, Mang danny,alexii,infinitecolt, jasonub ,

Maraming salamat sa suggestion nyo... icheck ko yan...

19. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

dremel? for trigger job in glock? how "shiny" does it have to be? won't it ruin any protective "coating" on the parts and thus be prone to rust? does metal polish, cloth, and a lot of time work too?

20. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

You can use mano-mano to polish your internals, it will just be fine as using a dremel. Mas matagal nga lang.