Dragged my footpegs this weekend in the canyons!!!

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by fnfalman, Jul 18, 2005.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

9000-miles and six months later, I dragged the footpegs on the Rockster~2 ^c

I know that they're capable bikes, it was me that I was worrying about. Finally I was comfortable enough with this bike to really lean it over hard.

Latigo Canyon Road in the Santa Monica Mountain on Saturday morning is an awesome ride. No car traffic, no motorcycle traffic. Just me and two other riders in our group. I was feeling in the groove, so I pushed the bike a bit more, next thing I know the right peg went "kriggggg" and my foot bounced up. I was like, "Cool!" A couple more turns and the left went "kriggg". ;f ~`c

That was it though. The guy behind me said that it was nifty seeing the sparks flying. Look out, Valentino, I'm a-gunnin' for ya!!!

I know this road quite well and I went early so that there wouldn't be traffic around. Canyon carving is quite fun if you take the proper precaution. BTW, full leathers is kind of hot in near 100-F sun.;P Lots of water and Gaterade. And the Under Armour undies truly earned their keeps that day.

Sunday, I went riding on Highway 138. This road is also tight and technically challenging. I literally went into corners at 35-MPH in FIRST GEAR!!! It was my first time on that road so I didn't lean the bike over too much.

2. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

Congrats!

I dragged the toe of my left shoe making a hard turn last Friday, I musta been close to the nut on the bottom of the peg.

I don't push too hard on the street.

3. Compy

Compy CompensateWhat?

Sweet! I still have about 1/4" on the edge of my tires I haven't used. Someday, I figure. I'm in no rush to turn myslef into road kill.

Dragging the pegs seems like it could be a scary experience at first. Did it surprise you when you heard them grind or did you pretty much know it was coming?

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

It came as a surprise the first time and the second time, I almost felt it coming. I was in the groove this last Saturday. I then ran up Mulholland Highway and a few times I felt as though I could have dragged the pegs some more, but I backed off a bit knowing how much the bike can lean over now. So, now I'm going to experiment with body positioning in order to take the corner at the same speed or faster without having to lean over so hard.