GlockTalk Forum banner

141 - 160 of 197 Posts

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,495 Posts
......We'll see. A vaccine, or two or three, will help. Doubt we'll ever get rid of COVID completely. But it should help, whenever it comes along.
It's been 10 months now. We gonna see this vaccine sometime soon? No?

COVID will go away completely. Completely and utterly. It's almost done.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Trump virus will churn around in the US for years to come yet. It will not be over in a few more weeks. Even with an effective vaccine half of the US won't take it. It will be endemic like malaria is in some South American countries.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh look!

A new Troll! Just what we needed....

I think this new troll must be "gettin' paid" by the DNC. Or somehow they have an automated bot that could do this. My guess is the former. I guess they are trying to shake a few votes from the few democrats that are on this forum. Either way though, he is posting an outright lie.

·
NRA Life Member
13,285 Posts
1100 more Americans died a horrible covid death today alone. Almost done?
How many had co-morbidities and were older than 75??

How do you know it was a horrible death?

1,100 deaths times 365 days divided by 360 million Americans is a .0011% mortality rate. Is that a Pandemic? Seriously? So we destroy the economy for 99.98% of the people who will survive but have their future well being destroyed or diminished for years to come? Does that make sense? Of course not....

But Trump....I know. Hey, did you hear he was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize this week?

·
Registered
20,653 Posts
How many had co-morbidities and were older than 75??

How do you know it was a horrible death?

1,100 deaths times 365 days divided by 360 million Americans is a .0011% mortality rate. Is that a Pandemic? Seriously? So we destroy the economy for 99.98% of the people who will survive but have their future well being destroyed or diminished for years to come? Does that make sense? Of course not....

But Trump....I know. Hey, did you hear he was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize this week?
Unless I misplaced a couple decimal points, that would be 0.11%

·
NRA Life Member
13,285 Posts
Unless I misplaced a couple decimal points, that would be 0.11%
Correct...shouldn't have put the percent sign behind mine..it shifted the decimal point two places. Still a remarkably low number of deaths for something called a pandemic don't you think? Roughly a 10th of a percent of the population? We've had as many drug overdose deaths in recent years!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Correct...shouldn't have put the percent sign behind mine..it shifted the decimal point two places. Still a remarkably low number of deaths for something called a pandemic don't you think? Roughly a 10th of a percent of the population? We've had as many drug overdose deaths in recent years!
400k deaths a year would make it the 3rd leading cause of death in the US. I imagine there would be some overlap with other causes of death. And this is the number of deaths we have while taking extreme measures to limit the spread.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

·
Cheese?
9,451 Posts
With Trump and Melania reporting that they've tested positive, I'm curious if any of the 'it's a hoax', 'it'll be over in a couple weeks', or 'It'll be over by summer' folks have anything to say?

Or can we all just proceed with the understanding that this thing is real and very damn serious when it takes a turn for the worse in the second week, which it does more often in people with comorbidities, but also sometimes in young healthy people for reasons not yet well understood?

·
Smartass Pilot
20,641 Posts
Or can we all just proceed with the understanding that this thing is real and very damn serious when it takes a turn for the worse in the second week, which it does more often in people with comorbidities, but also sometimes in young healthy people for reasons not yet well understood?
No, and you'll likely be accused of being a "DNC Troll" for even suggesting it.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
So, lockdowns did not seem to be the answer, the virus just has to run its course.
Bingo, Just like Dr. Atlas said way back in March, my brother who is in this field has been telling me it was pretty much over at the end of June. The data has been twisted into so many pretzels nothing made sense. It all became political. our moron governor in MI said the other day she see's the lock down lasting for MONTH'S! We have enough ballots for this November to strip her of her executive orders, has to be voted on but should pass. Then recall the witch next year...........

Reactions: elkhart

·
NRA Life Member
13,285 Posts
With Trump and Melania reporting that they've tested positive, I'm curious if any of the 'it's a hoax', 'it'll be over in a couple weeks', or 'It'll be over by summer' folks have anything to say?

OK...I don't think anyone ever suggested it wasn't real. And for a very small segment of the population it can be serious. But again the survivability rate is extremely high. In the scheme of things its not going to shift the US deaths from all causes but a tiny percentage. As I said...the number of overdose deaths in the US has been higher than deaths from Covid...and nobody went around like chickens with their heads cut off about it. And I promise...come the middle to end of November...the hysteria will all be gone.

This isn't the black death (200 million dead) , its not smallpox (56 million dead) , its not the Spanish Flu (50 million dead), its not polio. For God's sake...the plague of Justinian killed an estimated 30-50 million people. We ain't even close and we have a much higher population base... So get a grip. If you are at risk take precautions. If history is any mark we WAY overreacted to this and for no net benefit. The same number of people are still going to get it and die....and we haven't overloaded the medical system or even close to it. If current trends prove anything its masks are useless. Mask compliance is higher than its ever been and we have more positives...how's that mask thing working again?

Trump will be back running around tweeting his fool head off next week. Hell, he was tweeting today. So I'm sure all the libs are already triggered.

·
Registered
7,434 Posts
OK...I don't think anyone ever suggested it wasn't real. And for a very small segment of the population it can be serious. But again the survivability rate is extremely high. In the scheme of things its not going to shift the US deaths from all causes but a tiny percentage. As I said...the number of overdose deaths in the US has been higher than deaths from Covid...and nobody went around like chickens with their heads cut off about it. And I promise...come the middle to end of November...the hysteria will all be gone.

This isn't the black death (200 million dead) , its not smallpox (56 million dead) , its not the Spanish Flu (50 million dead), its not polio. For God's sake...the plague of Justinian killed an estimated 30-50 million people. We ain't even close and we have a much higher population base... So get a grip. If you are at risk take precautions. If history is any mark we WAY overreacted to this and for no net benefit. The same number of people are still going to get it and die....and we haven't overloaded the medical system or even close to it. If current trends prove anything its masks are useless. Mask compliance is higher than its ever been and we have more positives...how's that mask thing working again?

Trump will be back running around tweeting his fool head off next week. Hell, he was tweeting today. So I'm sure all the libs are already triggered.

141 - 160 of 197 Posts