Dr. Levitt: US COVID19 will be done in 4 weeks

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by DonGlock26, Jul 26, 2020.

1. bdcochran

bdcochran

Right on! I put a bath mat in the shower last month. This month I had two additional grab bars installed in the bathroom.

2. MaverickDMD

MaverickDMD

Believe the numbers or not, Americans cannot travel outside their borders due to the reality of Covid infections. They likely won't be welcome for a year or more. How is it that American death tolls are a hoax and those of the rest of the world are true?

Caver 60 and czsmithGT like this.

3. OttoLoader

OttoLoader

American covid death count being high relative to other governments count, could possibly be due to over counts according to cdc criteria.

Other governments could possibly undercount due to their government criteria.
    Different criteria , affect death counts. How accurate are any data?

I am interested in reliable numbers. However beside the official count I also consider US counts could possibly be 25 % too high. The 25% value is from Dr Birx estimate a few months ago. Either way there are very many covid related deaths.

US covid deaths
    A significant number in the elderly population. Hopefully improved procedures and treatments are being used based upon experience gained.

4. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

There’s no stopping a virus with a 2 week period of asymptomatic transfer. Period.

Medical “experts” have flip flopped so much that it’s pretty clear they are just guessing at this point.

No magic vaccine is going to be made that is very effective or lasts very long against this rapidly mutating virus.

CoVid-19 is here to stay, and eventually EVERYONE will get it.

The good news is that it seems to have mutated to be more contagious, but less lethal. Eventually it will be just another flu bug, albeit a highly contagious one.

Thinking humanity is capable of stopping this in its tracks before Mother Nature does is sheer hubris.

Guess what, the world’s a scary place and not everything can be “fixed.”

tuica, The Machinist, M&P15T and 4 others like this.
  5. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

I think the chances of getting an effective vaccine are small but not impossible. I have great doubts that it could be available before the end of 2020 but I hope I am wrong.

Mutation could also change it into a much more lethal but just as contagious form which would be the worst case scenario. If that happened, more people would die in the next year than died in the 1918 pandemic, much more considering the ease of travel and higher population. I guess the only upside to that, if you could call it an upside, would be that the more lethal these viruses are, the more self limiting they could become.

I really think there is a better chance that really effective treatments will be developed than that an effective vaccine will be developed.

6. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

Time for winter flu shots?
    :)

7. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Not yet. Best advice is to wait until Sept 15 to better extend whatever protection you get until around the end of the flu season.
    My doctor has the vaccine now but will not start giving it out until then.

Caver 60 likes this.
  8. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Deanster likes this.
  9. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? Millennium Member CLM

Nothing would make me happier than to find the decline is real and sustained.

Weekend numbers are always lower, and I suspect the holiday weekend is yet lower. Just have to see what the rest of the week brings, it’d be great if the general downward trend in deaths was accelerating.

If the numbers are truly trending down strongly, that’d be huge!

10. JDubbs316

JDubbs316

You should book mark this link (CDC Excess Death chart):

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

You can see that we are finally below the average "expected deaths". Regardless of how many people "test positive" or other media hysteria this chart gives imho real data on what is and has happened.

M&P15T likes this.
  11. Dave Hill

Dave Hill

The population has been herded like the sheeple they are by the politician government employee and mainstream media crime gang . Been saying that since the start of the hoopla. The great thing is there were no Flu or opiod related deaths this year.

The Machinist and JDubbs316 like this.
  12. Dave Hill

Dave Hill

They didn't get over it.

13. cbetts1

cbetts1

Sweden Close To Victory Over Coronavirus; Never Had A Lockdown Or Mask Mandate

As the rest of Europe and the world remains under the grip of draconian rules and the threat of new lockdowns, Sweden, which allowed its citizens to remain free throughout the entire pandemic, has pretty much declared victory over the coronavirus.

https://summit.news/2020/09/08/swed...navirus-never-had-a-lockdown-or-mask-mandate/

So many news stories about false positive test results, too many to list. I assume other countries used the same defective test. Remember the CDC said if a Dr. suspects they died of Covid it should be listed as Covid, no testing required. If the mighty USA was playing with defective test and designating everyone that died as Covid, what were other countries doing?

scattershot and The Machinist like this.
  14. racerford

racerford

Very interesting, when you look at excess deaths by cause, respiratory deaths is not the highest. It is circulatory and Alzheimer's. So that goes along with the reduction in care that people got. That the number of people presenting to ER with Heart attack and strokes reduced and deaths at home increased. Alzheimer's makes sense, as quite a few of those are in nursing homes that have cut off in person contact with family members. Without interaction I can see them losing the will to live. Yes, all the fear and panic has done amazing things to death rates. It got people to cut themselves off for healthcare and others that would notice issues and force them to go to healthcare. And then they blame the excess on CoVid-19. If that were the case the excess deaths would fall into the respiratory section of causes. The majority of the excess deaths appear to be from the panic reaction (and subsequent shutdowns) to CoVid-19 rather than the disease itself.

15. TF2Addict

TF2Addict

1) That is not correct, and 2) If it is that means Trump is lying to us.

16. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

I have no problem with the OP's predictions...but I would not take the bet for one salient reason: We cannot trust the numbers accurately portray the actual cause of death...I mean the numbers are all over the place, with examples of death due to homicide being counted as a Covid death...[IF] we could trust the numbers, then I would have more confidence in predictions...but then I don't trust what my govt says about anything...I guess my cynicism comes from working in the Govt for 25 yrs.

DonGlock26 likes this.
  17. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Let's hope. HCQ is being shown to be effective in a new study.

18. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Exactly. I've seen reports of death caused by gunfire begin attributed to Covid. On top of that nonsense, many positive tests are false.

The Machinist likes this.
  19. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

Nothing magic about it, if it proves effective. But "effective" means perhaps 50% effective. It's not going to prevent every infection. Like the flu vaccine, which works better some years than others. Though influenza probably mutates faster than this coronavirus.

We'll see. A vaccine, or two or three, will help. Doubt we'll ever get rid of COVID completely. But it should help, whenever it comes along.

20. M&P15T

M&P15T Well I'll Be Dipped!!!

I'm thinking Levitt was off by a few months.

I think by around the 26th of this month, we'll be done with COVID, or close to it.

All the trends are steadily downward, and the last few mathematical steps to herd immunity happen fast.

Mark my words; COVID will end fast. Like shutting a light off. Maybe a few lingering cases here and there, from people coming here from other countries. But the deaths will largely end.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020