close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DPMS or Del-Ton?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Adam5, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Adam5

Adam5

I'm going to use some of my tax return to purchase and AR15 and am having a problem deciding between two.

Both are pretty much the same specs: 16" Chrome Moly barrel with M4 profile, 1x9 twist, 6 positon M4 stock, CAR handguards with single heat shields, and A2 Flash Hider. Includes a hard case, sling, 30rd aluminum magazine, and buttstock cleaning kit. Barrel: * 4140 Chrome Moly Steel * 16" Length * 1X9 Twist * A2 Flash Hider * Manganese Phosphated * Threaded Muzzle * M4 Profile Chamber: * 5.56 X 45 mm Bolt And Carrier.

One is a DPMS for $725 (Panther Lite NOT Sportical) and one is a Del-Ton for $699.

Give me some advice to help me decide..

Before you say to, no I'm going to add money to get XXX and no I don't want a CMMG Bargain Bin.

2. madecov

madecov book em' Danno

It's a toss up.
    Do they both have T marks on the upper?

DPMS is a larger company, Del-Ton will give you personal service.

Del ton barrels are made by Wilson. I don't know how good DPMS barrels are

3. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

I will say this, there is nothing wrong with either, but I will highy recommend getting the Del-Ton. They have a fantastic product and customer service. I own several Del-Ton ARs.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  4. Dr. J Frame

Dr. J Frame LSWCHP +P

Off topic and only minimally interesting:)--
    The DPMS factory resides on the 85 acre Del-Tone Gun Club. Locals usually refer to the whole as "Del-Tone", which has no affiliation to "Del-Ton". Many visiting national shooters also think they have found the home of Del-Ton when they complete there since everything, including highway signs, read "Del-Tone". It also neighbors the St Cloud airport. We occasionally had to cease fire for low aircraft coming in for landings. Also, the same group(Cerberus) that owns DPMS owns Bushmaster & Remington as well.

Yes, Cliff Claven IS my hero.:supergrin:

5. curriek

curriek

between the two, Del-Ton...

6. Range Rat

Range Rat

Go to the Black Rifle section of GlockTalk and search for DPMS threads.

7. 01coltcolt

01coltcolt Weapons Tech.

I have built several of each. First being DPMS back in 1997 and for the extra 120 dollars DPMS, is getting for a AP4 kit and lower vs Del-ton M4 kit and lower, they are identical in quality. You cant go wrong with either one. Both have had trouble keeping items in stock the last couple years. I ordered a M4 kit and lower from Del-ton 2 weeks ago (they said in stock and ships in 1-2 weeks) total was $618.00 shipped. Can't beat that! Havent seen it yet though...................................

8. Seattle206

Seattle206

I would go with Del-ton, they make a top notch product. Dpms on the other hand makes piss poor products from what I have experienced, out of spec parts that needed to be replaced from a reputable company. Waste of time and loss of range time. Never again will I own anything by dpms.

9. striker6126

striker6126

I own both and would take the del ton , not that I have anything bad to say about dpms.