DPMS LR308T Vs. Enterprise Arms FAL

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by joecoastie, Feb 20, 2010.

1. joecoastie

joecoastie

So I have some back pay coming to me from the Coast Guard and am looking to buy a .308 semi-auto in the $1K range give or take. I'm learning towards the DPMS LR308T because I have heard they are capable of good accuracy. But I got to looking at the Enterprise Fals and was wondering how they compared as far as accuracy. Any input from anyone who has owned one or both of these would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Line Rider

Line Rider

DMPS .308 or a DS Arms StG 58

3. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

If accuracy is what you're looking for, the FAL isn't what you want. While they can be "accurized" to an extent, they're really only designed for 2moa. Conversely, as a main battle rifle, they're superior to any DPMS made rifle (I won't say superior to the AR10 platform because that's another can of worms).

For an accurate semi-auto .308, look into the FNAR. It's just over $1k, and most of the reports about it have been good.

As far as an FAL goes, the DSA STG58 is going to be your most accurate cheap FAL.

I'm very happy with my DSA SA58.

4. txpitdog

txpitdog

My LR-308 AP4, which is the 16" model has shot 1.25" groups with the iron sights. I'm positive if I put a scope on it and handloaded for it, I'd be shooting 1.25" groups at 200.

5. joecoastie

joecoastie

Thanks for the info, that was pretty much what I suspected. I'll most likely go with the DPMS since I am looking for more accuracy than what the FAL offers. I had looked at the FNARs and written them off since I like the idea of have different uppers with the AR10, but I may have to give them a second look.

6. Lowrangerider

Lowrangerider

All of the guys with LR-308 series rifles love them and that includes me. I have a DPMS SASS rifle and it shoots under 1" groups and didn't ever give me problems.

FAL or HK clones dont seem to be able to match the accuracy of the AR platforms.

FNAR is just a Browning BAR with a pistol grip and detachable mag... I dont think that is going to be a better battle rifle then an AR.