close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dove season Texas

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Combat Tupperware, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Combat Tupperware

Combat Tupperware

Any of you guys out there Texas Dove hunters? When does season start this year? I am a transplated Texan and have been going back for the last 5 years for a week at the begining of season. I need to know when to schedule my vaction this year. I remember Sept 1 but I thought it always started on a Saturday. Thanks

2. JoeDeputy

JoeDeputy

Sept. 1 is right. Just so happens it is a Monday this year.

Joe

3. aus_chip

aus_chip

It depends on where you are hunting. North and Central Mourning Dove opens Sept. 1, but the South Zone Mourning dove doesn't open until the 20th. The special White Wing Zone opens Sept. 6th and then is on and off. Check http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/hunt/regs/2004/animal_listing/ for a complete list of dates.

I hope you bought the lifetime license before you moved. That was the best money I ever spent.

4. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

Opening day of Dove is HUGE in Texas. I'm ready to go, I'll be doing a whole lotta ;I ;f In a good field you'll shoot as fast as you can shove shells in your gun.

5. 357glocker

357glocker

What is the daily bag for you hunter's in TX? Here in NE it's 15 a day. Can't wait until the first I'll be out gunning for them!! Atleast in TX they stick around for most if not all of the season. After the first week here they are for the most part flying south. Good hunting to all!

6. noway

noway

{here they are for the most part flying south}

Yeap Florida has a big welcome mat out for all doves, plus they get into Disney Land free ;f

Too bad I can't hunt them from off my balconey or from the church parking alot. I could easily make bag limit within 10-20mins.