close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Double Tap's double projectile load ?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Twoball, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Twoball

Twoball

Does anyone have any information on the Double Tap load that uses a JHP loaded over a lead ball....I think these are only available in 10mm...and after measuring the 135gr JHP and the Lead Ball it does not seem that there is going to be much space left for powder....I wonder how much and what powder they use ?

2. PsychoKnight

PsychoKnight

I would perform a forum search on this company. I should have done so before placing a $250 order which was charged but never processed, and no proper response from the owner. Actually, he gave me the run around for a couple of months, then just stopped responding. All the while I was trying to get my money back.

I've been out of the loop for a couple of years, so maybe someone could help me understand why a JHP/Ball combo is a good thing. I thought you want the greatest possible expansion with the greatest possible mass retention and depth through the wound channel. What's the point of splitting up the bullet mass into two entities and reducing the effectiveness of the JHP? The "ball partner" seems to be useless in both accuracy and expansion. I don't get it.

3. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

4. fredj338

fredj338

Yeah, kind of gimicky, been done before. The idea is multiple wound channels w/ each shot. Causing more/greater wounding. THe problem is the mass just isn't there & accuracy is always suspect. I've played w/ making my own, just seems like the solution to a non existent problem.:dunno: