Double Tap - Wrong Bullet Again

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by PghJim, Feb 15, 2010.

1. PghJim

PghJim

I bought two boxes of Double Tap 40 S&W 155gr GD that are susposed to go 1275 fps, which if true would be 75 fps over factory. I shot a factory round through 4 layers of denim and water jugs. It performed OK, but I was not impressed. I then shot one of the DT rounds and it expanded less than the factory. I also noticed the unexpanded shank looked longer on the DT bullets. I went down to my scale and the factory slug weighs 154.8 gr and the DT slug weighs 165.2 gr. They loaded 165 gr GD's and labeled them 155gr. I do not yet know if both boxes are that way, or even if the right powder charge was used for a 165gr Bullet. I am going to complain, but I will have to shoot a round out of the other box to see what it is. This is rediculous.

2. N/Apower

N/Apower

Doubletap is just expensive plinking ammo. I still don't know why people buy it.

3. PghJim

PghJim

Well I pulled a bullet on the other box and it is 165 gr also. I cannot believe this.

4. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

Mike McNett is a member here. He usually responds to threads dealing with Double Tap issues, but lately not so much. :dunno:

5. gatorboy

gatorboy ( . Y . )

I got the same thing years ago, same bullets you experienced loaded in 10mm cases. I did'nt know until years later, I took a break from 10mm for a while and shot up what I had. I got a chrono and started reloading in that time. And with reloading came a scale, not my old digital postage scale but an accurate one. :whistling:

6. PghJim

PghJim

I wrote Mike an email asking for the correct ammo. If he does not respond, I will use it for practice shooting. This is the third issue I have had with DT in 4 months. I may still buy 10mm and 9X25 because of the inability to get it elsewhere, but probably nothing else.

7. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

Unfortunately...there seems to be more and more of these reports coming about lately. I said it before and I will say it again. Just for the negative experiences and lack of customer service/follow up from DT, they will not ever be getting one penny of my money.

I understand mistakes happen. However, the least a company could do when one happens is make it right with the customer within a reasonable amount of time.

8. PghJim

PghJim

Mike returned my email and offered to refund my money if I call and give them my credit card information. I can live with that. He said he was very surprised and that maybe two lots got mixed. I will call tomorrow and see.