Double tap 10mm

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Darrin Decker, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Darrin Decker

Darrin Decker

Hi everyone!! I NEED opinions from other Glock guys.. I have a Glock 40 10mm and wanted to know what Doubletap ammo would be great for Northeast whitetails?
    Thanks,Darrin

2. Mountain10mm

Mountain10mm

I can't seem to get DD's advertised velocities out of my Glocks, but that's all I can say about DT that isn't positive. If you use an aftermarket barrel velocities are better. I order bullets from DT by the case - they are ultra reliable and super accurate. I've shot just about all their 10mm loads and my favorite is the 200 JHP (I think it has a Nosler bullet). I have a case of their 200gr. solid lead bullets too, but accuracy is slightly better with the JHP. Took a whitetail with the 200gr. JHP last fall and the bullet when through both lungs and came out the far side. Was about 30 yards slightly quartering away. Deer was dead 40 yards away.

FYI I measured 1208 fps with the 200gr. JHP and 1239 with the 200gr. lead out of a G20 with a custom 5.5" Jarvis barrel.

Out of a stock G40 barrel the same 200gr. JHP gives 1168 fps - which is not impressive. I have a semi-drop in KKM barrel in the G40 now. Never clocked the 200gr. JHP through it though...

If you want full velocity, I'd recommend an aftermarket barrel. And watch for sales on DD's website. Mike typically offers 20-35% off for major holidays.

Attached Files:

Chordeiles likes this.

3. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

I use the DT 200 gr WFN Cast bullet in my G20 with a KKM barrel. I prefer cast bullets on game with handguns. The Glock barrels will almost always chrono slower than a tradtional rifled barrel.

4. 6.5 GRENDEL

6.5 GRENDEL

I was wondering if y'all have had any experience with the Double tap .40 s&w 200 gr hard cast gas check for deer hunting with a Glock 22?
    It won't be my go to for deer but if one got close enough, maybe inside 25 yards. I might pop it with my Glock instead of my rifle. Just for fun.

5. pAZ Ron

pAZ Ron

That DT 200 gr. WNGC hard cast is what I carry in my .40 S&W in bear country when I am bow or mz hunting. Should penetrate a deer. But I've never had to try one and hope I don't.

6. Top Glock10mm

Top Glock10mm Previously Jisbell40

I am super late to the party but my favorite DT 10mm load is the 125 TACX. From my 6” I’m getting some insane velocity, penetration, and great expansion. The only thing I’d rather deer hunt with is a 155 XTP Underwood load. They get me in the 920 ft/lbs area. Multiple deer killed with each. None have gone more than 50 yards. Farthest shot was 85yards.