Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My Work Hobby
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can someone explain to me, why double rifles are so darn expensive? :dunno:
Almost all the ones I have come across are $10,000 and up. :faint: With the exception of one I've seen for $5,000 that looked a little shaddy for the price.

·
Badass Member
6,777 Posts
Kinda like a perazzi shotgun. It's more about the craftsmanship and art than the cost of materials. Exotic woods and so fourth. Most of them are 100% hand made and built to the buyers specs.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Most of them are embellished beyond belief. Even the "plain" ones have super fancy wood and extraordinary hand fitting. Go a little pricier and you get hand engraving, gold inlays, and even nicer wood. I'm not saying that any gun is worth $100,000, but they are fancy.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Don't forget the countless hours of hand fitting and fine tuning it takes to get both barrels to shoot the same POA

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
In today's terms ...... Bling.........

·
My Work Hobby
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Basically because they are some of the nicest guns you can lay hands on. I saw a few at the SCI convention that where below 10. I think the lowest level S2 Blaser. Though I will say I was also salivating at the Krieghoff Semprio. Most of these rifles have a fair bit of costume work done on them. also is the requirement for the two barrels to hit at the same POI at a certain range

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
I also think there may be a factor of how few are produced. That and if you could go to the post office, buy a migratory cape buffalo stamp, hop on a Southwest flight and stay at a Motel 6 to get your Cape Buffalo, it would not seem as worthy of a dream.

·
Registered
12,304 Posts
Regulating. Beyond the other factors of craftsmanship and artwork, getting the barrels regulated (shooting to the same point of impact by the sights) is a major factor. Getting them set, test shooting them, and then re-adjusting them, test shooting again, etc, is a labor-intensive process. Much time and work put into it that no other type of rifle requires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts