Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Controller
2,620 Posts
No...I have had zero issues with my 27 and 26 with the 2733 extension on 4 magazines

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
Every time I put on an extension, I always load mag to capacity so the spring can seat.

I only use the OE Glock ones now. I have used Pearce without an issue.

If there is any chance mag needs a new spring I change it too.

What pistol? new or old magazine? glock mag?

·
NRA Life Member
66,479 Posts
Has anyone here experienced double feed after installing the Pearce grip extensions?
A grip extension isn't going to cause double feeds. The worst it can do is slightly decrease your magazine spring tension and if that causes a malfunction it will not be a double feed. I have been using Pearce extensions on a variety of Glocks since 1990 or so - never had a problem.

I just stay away from Pearce!
Why? I've used nothing but Pearce for 30 years, on duty, competition and CCW guns - 100% reliable.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. Well, I took my 43 X back to the range yesterday for an experiment. I had one mag with the Pearce extension and another one that was stock. Fifty rounds with the mag extension and another double feed. A hundred rounds with the standard and not the first hiccup. Question, can a double feed be caused by an incorrect grip?

·
On the Border
15,282 Posts
Poor grip can contribute to just about any kind of malfunction, because it affects how much energy is available for the gun's function. Are you talking about an actual double-feed, or a failure to extract?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I'm wondering if the OP's definition of double-feed is suspect (somewhat based on the OP's other basic question dealing with not finding the right size of cleaning patches).

Photos might help: of the double feed; the Pearce mag plate/extension installation.

Indicate what ammo is being used: brand, case material, bullet weight; again a photo.

Find an experienced shooter to confirm the problem. Internet is good, but someone to help or instruct in-person might be best in some situations.

·
On the Border
15,282 Posts
Malfunctions often have more than one contributing cause. Preventing them can be a matter of eliminating only one cause, but that doesn't mean it's the only contributor.

If you're talking about a failure to extract, that could occur just from a single light charge. So the first round fires fine, but does not extract. The slide cycles back far enough to chamber a second round, but there's not enough energy to extract the first case.

Or you could get that same general effect from a dirty gun, maybe a worn extractor, maybe a weak extractor spring...

If your gun is in proper mechanical condition and clean, you have adequate ammo power and your grip is OK, you should be able to observe proper, consistent function. From there, you can experiment with changing 1 variable at a time, and see how the changes affect overall function.

For example, you can try a very light grip, very low power ammo, different recoil spring, different extractor/spring, etc.

You might have a good reason to make one of these changes, and then need to re-balance the gun around it. For example, maybe you want to go from carry power to minor. Or it might be that your weak-hand grip is a lot lighter than your freestyle grip. Or maybe you lower the recoil spring energy to make the sights track better.

With any gun or gun/shooter combination, there's a range of tolerance that permits proper function. So the gun is running fine, but you never really know how close you are to the edge, until you go over it.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
No

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
99% of shooting issues are shooter induced. And the 99% of that is incorrect grip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts