GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
If you can get your hands on a bottle of Weller 12, you've pretty much got Pappy.
I got a taste and confirmed that it's good that I'm not a big fan of BTs wheated mash bill.
View attachment 852388
I took my mom to a bourbon lottery 2 years ago, she was the first number drawn out of like 1000 and got a bottle of pappy 23, we sip on it during Christmas. It’s annoying as hell to see people on Facebook magically come into 10-15 bottles of highly allocated bottles that haven’t been released at stores yet, and jack the price up 50% over secondary and people still pay it, freaking crazy.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Wheated bourbons are my favorite, makers mark cask strength is my favorite you can find anywhere, except since they finally dropped the price to $40 it can be hard at times. I went to Buffalo Trace back in February to their Weller dinner, got to try them all except the cypb or whatever the letters are, I liked 12 the best after the WLW. Finally traded for a bottle of the 12 but hadn’t opened it and ended up trading it and an ETL for this bad boy, have always wanted a bottle of it.

View attachment 852712
I won a bottle last winter. It's the best offering of the btac of 2019. I was super happy to get it. I hope you drink it some special day, and enjoy it very much. I know I will!
IMG_20200111_154608063~2.jpg

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
well as mentioned went to store. planned on getting a new bottle of gin. I've tried most there; the other offerings did not catch my eye. mozied to bourbon isle, as this thread was fresh in my mind. it is not often I buy bourbon! but left with a bottle of Palmetto Whiskey, 21% rye, made in Anderson, SC, reasonable price. it is good, life is good. cheers. also damn yall for making me spend money.

·
Registered
42,445 Posts
Y'all don't drink to much now, ya hear!!!

Reactions: Sparky C

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
I used to drink Eagle Rare back in the day! Even if I was still drinking this is out of my league...

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I’m a big fan of Buffalo Trace Bourbons. If any of y’all want to stop by if you’re in town, hit me up. We can sit out back at the fire pit and enjoy some good drinks. These two are a small sample of my collection.
0922B6EE-7160-423E-8591-E672E60A06D1.jpeg

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I’m a big fan of Buffalo Trace Bourbons. If any of y’all want to stop by if you’re in town, hit me up. We can sit out back at the fire pit and enjoy some good drinks. These two are a small sample of my collection.
View attachment 852940
That's an old Weller bottle. They switched to screw caps a few years ago, and now they are corked. It's great stuff. Me and my neighbor argue in a friendly way all the time over if eagle rare or antique 107 is better. They are both great!

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
That's an old Weller bottle. They switched to screw caps a few years ago, and now they are corked. It's great stuff. Me and my neighbor argue in a friendly way all the time over if eagle rare or antique 107 is better. They are both great!
It’s a few years old. Back when it was $39.99 a bottle. Then the bourbon craze hit and it shot up. I was buying Elmer T. Lee for $49.99 then, Blanton’s and George T Stagg for $59.99. I drank them and never thought that they’d be the high hitters they are today.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I won a bottle last winter. It's the best offering of the btac of 2019. I was super happy to get it. I hope you drink it some special day, and enjoy it very much. I know I will!
View attachment 852770
Well, we’re in the middle of selling and buying a new home, both under contract but already had one a-hole back out. So, praying everything goes fine from here on out, once we get moved in I plan on opening it. Gonna be a pain packing all of these up safely and moving them that’s for sure haha
A23B7666-268E-4D7E-BCB4-C66A1F712FD6.jpeg

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Well, we’re in the middle of selling and buying a new home, both under contract but already had one a-hole back out. So, praying everything goes fine from here on out, once we get moved in I plan on opening it. Gonna be a pain packing all of these up safely and moving them that’s for sure haha
View attachment 853022
Party at Joe’s place! We’ll help you drink it all up so all you’ll have to do is throw the bottles in the recycling bin.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,481 Posts
....some people, not me, have so much money that twenty grand is like pocket change to them
Whenever some ridiculously expensive thing appears before my eyes, I have to remind myself this. Those ridiculously expensive things exist for a reason; someone will buy them.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Party at Joe’s place! We’ll help you drink it all up so all you’ll have to do is throw the bottles in the recycling bin.
Then I wouldn’t have a reason to build a bar in my basement or get to drink bourbon and look at no people or cars ever again from my back deck or front covered porch haha, pretty excited about the new place which is why it deserves a good bottle opening once it comes true.
D8ADE585-3AA6-469A-852C-E4757EDF8E18.jpeg

41 - 53 of 53 Posts