Double Eagle Very Rare

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Upgrayedd, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Exactly what I thought. I was going to point out that they are rare because nobody wanted them when they were in production.

Upgrayedd and Maccabeus like this.
  2. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Coke? No way! Dr pepper!!! ;)

deputy tom likes this.

3. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

I thought it was going to be this...
    [​IMG]

4. 63Bravo

63Bravo

5. Dave514

Dave514

If you can get your hands on a bottle of Weller 12, you've pretty much got Pappy.
    I got a taste and confirmed that it's good that I'm not a big fan of BTs wheated mash bill.
    pp1.jpg

Upgrayedd likes this.
  6. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Never had the 12, but I've drank an ocean of antique 107. :)

jimcorbin likes this.
  7. Dave514

Dave514

My friend with the Pappy 23 is a Weller nut so I've gotten to try their offerings and I like the Full Proof the best of the bunch but the 107, Special Reserve and 12 year all kinda fall into the same category for me. He tries to get me to like the Wheated stuff and I try to convince him the higher Rye stuff is better. But I'm not one to pass up a free drink so...

I still think the best kept secret is Ancient Age. You're getting a bottle of Blanton's that is aged 3 years instead of 8(best guess as they don't really say how long Blanton's is aged). It's the same mash bill that Buffalo Trace make Elmer T. Lee, Rock Hill Farms, Blanton's and Hanckock's Reserve from. You can tell a little difference as the AA has a little more ethanol sniff to it if you have them all side by side but it's dirt cheap.

Upgrayedd likes this.
  8. 20South

20South

Glad to see Rock Hill at least mentioned. That is probably my favorite bourbon. Unfortunately, its not sold in my state and the last few times I was in KY/WV it was always sold out and/or about 3x the price from when I first discovered it.

I’m like the OP - I also would like to win this OH bourbon lotto.

Upgrayedd likes this.
  9. Wojo88

Wojo88

Can't say but can say that Jack Daniels does very well......

10. Dave514

Dave514

The last bottle of Rock Hill I saw sold from $235 on Craigslist and it was gone the day it was listed. I don't get the inside track on alloted bourbons like my friend does but I think he paid $60 for it and turned that profit by the afternoon. Crazy.

Upgrayedd likes this.
  11. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

I wanted the idea of it. Until I actually owned one. Then I didn't want it anymore either.

Upgrayedd likes this.
  12. FCastle88

FCastle88

If I was going to spend $2,000 on whiskey it sure as hell wouldn't be bourbon. $2K buys multiple bucket list bottles of Scotch and Irish. If I wanted to blow some money I'd much rather spend less than $500 each for Redbreast 27 year and Bruichladdich Dark Art.

13. Lazy R

Lazy R

I was buying Pappy 15 when it was $75 per bottle. Doing direct comparisons to other small batch and single barrel bourbons, it was far better than any of them, to me. Then the big thing hit and it became unobtanium.

14. ThatGuyYouKnow

ThatGuyYouKnow Custom Title Goes Here

Not about the gold coin? Fooled me.

15. Schrag4

Schrag4

I have to imagine that owning the rare booze comes in a distant second to being able to tell people you paid 20k for it. I mean, I guess I understand that people collect all manner of rare things that are otherwise worth basically no more than their mass-produced counterparts (meaning they perform the same). I’ll never truly understand it, though. I buy guns to shoot, cars to drive, booze to drink. No offense to the collectors on this board, I get that it’s my own blind spot.

Upgrayedd likes this.
  16. 20South

20South

Yup - I used to buy as much as I wanted at $50-$60 a bottle when passing through KY. Two years ago, I found one bottle for $150 and it was the last one. Darn hipsters!

Upgrayedd and Dave514 like this.
  17. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6 Fullclip's Life Matters! FLM!!

I almost had one when my second shot on the par 5 #4 rolled by and stopped 4 inches from the cup.

What, we're not talking about golf?

Upgrayedd likes this.
  18. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

criminal. cool bottle, but absurd.

I am actually about to hit the liquor store. I do like bourbon, rye more, but I am glad it is not my "love" so to say. that crap is expensive. I came up doing pulls out of the bottle of WT 101 and I am not above that to this day. $100 for a bottle for some of these has me wondering who can afford any of it.

Upgrayedd likes this.
  19. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

That's the thing. I love good bourbons, and good single malt Scotch (particularly the Islay murk) even more. But if it's too dearly valuable to drink it, it's just a paperweight with a big price tag to me.

20. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04

Wheated bourbons are my favorite, makers mark cask strength is my favorite you can find anywhere, except since they finally dropped the price to $40 it can be hard at times. I went to Buffalo Trace back in February to their Weller dinner, got to try them all except the cypb or whatever the letters are, I liked 12 the best after the WLW. Finally traded for a bottle of the 12 but hadn’t opened it and ended up trading it and an ETL for this bad boy, have always wanted a bottle of it.

6109E1E2-CC39-41A0-9187-07E38403B5F0.jpeg

jimcorbin and Upgrayedd like this.