close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dope Smokers vs. Spouse Cheaters: Who's Worse?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by NorthCarolinaLiberty, Mar 21, 2010.

1. NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty MentalDefective

Two recent threads are about weed and spouse cheating. Imagine your own scenario. People who smoke weed range from one-time users to weekly users. Spouse cheaters range from people who seek out cheating to situational backsliding. Weed is generally illegal; cheating is generally legal.

So what about it? You know a weed smoker and a spouse cheater. Who’s ethical? Who’s unethical? Who would you hire? Who’s your friend? Who do you trust?

2. SKSman57

SKSman57

I'll take false dichotomy for 1,000 Alex.

3. Roro

Roro

Nothing wrong with pot. Everything wrong with cheating.

fast answers for the idiots:

Yes I have smoked pot. No i have never cheated. Find me ONE death as the result of smoking marijuana. More people die as a result of adultery than trying to find a lethal level of THC.

4. ysr_racer

ysr_racer

Weekly users? That's funny. Most of the guys that I know that smoke, smoke daily.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  5. kc8ykd

kc8ykd

wouldn't it be more similar to compare the people who die as a result of another act after smoking pot (ex. hitting a tree whilst driving a car stoned vs. being killed by angry married person), to those killed after committing adultery, since those committing adultery aren't generally killed by the act itself (having sex vs. thc level)?

6. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

- Something being illegal does not make it immoral.
    - There are many immoral things that are quite legal.
    - Since the breaking of unjust laws is one of the balances society has to fight unjust laws, to me the morality of breaking a law when it harms no one else seems up to debate.
    - Breaking a law is flaunting authority. Cheating is willfully breaking your word and your moral responsibility to the most important person in your life. One is putting your personal desires above some one else's rules. The other is putting yourself over your personal integrity and the well-being of another person. These are totally different leagues.
    - I've known marijuana smokers I could trust with my life--people who may be willing to put their desires before the law, but would gladly put some one else before themselves. I've never known a cheater I could trust with my life--if they've put themselves ahead of the most important other person in their own life, what would they do for some one else?

7. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

I don't see a problem with either one. They are both personal choices the person has to live with. It's not for me to judge them as it's not my place and I am not without guilt of some sort.

8. Berto

Berto woo woo

I don't care for dope, or alcohol for that matter, but I see both a personal choice that should be legal if done responsibly.
    Cheating is a whole other story, with consequences that go well outside one's self.

9. gearjammer351

gearjammer351 EnemyOfTheState

My response would have been very similar to this, so I'll just +1 it.

10. SVTNate

SVTNate Packers fan

Anyone who says smoking pot is worse than cheating on your spouse is an idiot and a neanderthal.

I see nothing wrong with smoking pot, and no, I don't do it.

11. mr smithglock

mr smithglock

i smoke pot daily. i do not cheat on my spouse, never have never will.. i will continue to smoke daily. carry on

12. florgy

florgy

My current problem is a pot smoking cheater. I would like to be able to kill him, but murder is both illegal and immoral. For now, I will have to settle for wishing him dead.

13. knoxrocks222

knoxrocks222

iv never once met somone that was high on weed that..

A. wanted to fight me or anyone around me
    B. wanted to drive a car
    C. do anything other than sit on the couch and eat cheetos
    D. piss in places they shouldnt
    a.my livingroom
    b.themselves
    c.on a police officer
    d.in my bath tub
    e.on the wall beside my toilet
    f.on their bed

well theres nothin wrong with f'n on the bed but thats for a different thread and a different time
    end

all have come from personal experience with friends (i dont smoke or drink)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  14. bayshtyshorty

bayshtyshorty

i can second this notion as i am a fire/paramedic....no BS though....it's about the only thing you can get high on and NOT overdose...i kinda wish more ppl would go this way instead of all that crazy crap out there that'll kill ya on the first go round....never cheated on my wife though

15. bno762

bno762

I can't stand cheaters. I got a few at work that like to brag about it and I just roll my eyes.

Pot? Never had a problem with it. I used to smoke. Would like to still be able to but my job dictates random drug tests so I stay away from it.

On a related note- A buddy of mine recently quit work cause his buisness took off and he has been doing great. Me and him have the same back problems and have been to the same doctors. He can't take opiates and has never been a pot smoker. One of his friends said something to him about pot maybe helping so he tired it out. He called the other day and was like "Man! This is great. I smoke a little when I'm hurting and it helps better than anything I've ever tried before!" I'm glad for him.....a little jealouse too.

16. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Thanks for saving the wear on my keyboard! :)

'Drew

17. gearjammer351

gearjammer351 EnemyOfTheState

I know what you mean; turds who brag about doing that are real losers. It's bad enough that they have no integrity, but to brag about it!?!? That takes the cake.

This came up in the other thread, but it's pretty simple:
    Wanna play around? Don't get married
    Wanna get married? Don't play around.

18. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

A pot smoker CAN quit.
    Once a cheater always a cheater!

19. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I would not hire or trust either - never have/never will. Some of us had this discussion in Afghanistan (about the cheaters in our group - we didn't have dope smokers). Turns out the married guys who were out chasing women before we left the US were not liked or trusted by the rest, regardless of their opinion on cheating - basically the same character issues that lead to cheating on their wives lead to them not being trusted by other people for other reasons.

20. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

If you purchase guns from a FFL, then you are a felon, too. :thumbsup: