close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Doomsday Prepper's Guns taken away

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 3000fps, Feb 10, 2012.

1. 3000fps

3000fps

2. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I have no opinion other than, when the Zompocalypse happens, he won't need to stock much food for a while. He's probably got 2-3 years of body fat to consume.

3. tongix

tongix

He talks too much. Of course he is a doomsday nut so the doctor must have thought he is a looney. WIth his obese state most medical professionals see it as one of the many factors of suicides. I hope he gets some help from fellow doom preppers. He needs a good lawyer to back him up. AT least his rights are not trampled.

4. ray9898

ray9898

LOL...so no one knows the whole story and are just joining the "outrage" based on what ol' Dave is telling us.

There are plenty of people out there who are mentally ill and do not need to own firearms. Ol' Dave is probably one of them since this medical determination came well before his appearance on the show which really throws a kink in some 2A conspiracy. If Dave thinks he has been wronged then he can challenge the evidence in court and appeal to get it reinstated. If he is really loony and on zombie watch then the correct action was already taken.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  5. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Is this the guy with the ham radio and whatnot? Can't see the YouTube links.

6. tongix

tongix

Again his downfall, he talk s too much. We know doomsday prepping is some sort of hobby by many and some are of the extreme caliber. Dave's the latter. He may show signs in his language and intentions that the doctor can tell. That info we have no access too, a physician to patient confidentiality. AT least he is safe now. Again, much of these doomsday preppers have a paranoia of some sort, be it benign or malignant. THe man needs pro help from my opinion.

7. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Simply proves to me the left controlled media's intent and desire to show people such as "Preppers" as being loony tunes and real danged dangerous to all the right thinking and right ideology having people.

8. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Someone that "preps" for doomday, and can be OCD about it, it is a danger to society (some people claim). Other people that come to earth and claim to be the son of god as taken at face value. A preist who claims the world will end based upon interpreting that in the Book of Revelations is not a nut yet a guy who thinks that TEOTWAWKI based on geo-poltical issue is a nut and they need to prepare fcor that. I think if you ask people in Homs, TEOTWAWKI is happening to them right now.

TEOTWAWKI is much more probable, and has occured all over the place (think hurricane katrina or Joplin, Missouri), that the end of the world from religion yet these people are "nuts"

I can predict with 100% certainty who will say this guy is nuts and needs to be committed, yet with only part of the story, if we were talking about one of "their brothers" we need to wait until all the facts are in before making judgement. The prediction is as clear as a ray of light shining through the clouds....

-Dana

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Any "doomsday prepper" dumb enough to have his "doomsday prepping" filmed and put on TV probably shouldn't be trusted with guns.

10. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

We will never see an intelligent prepper on that show. Not that there is anything wrong with stockpiling some essentials and just generally being a good boy scout. The issue is that the intelligent and stable preppers don't want anybody to know what they have and where. The idiots and loonies are the ones who want to be filmed for national tv. Big surprise that a person on the show turns out to be psychologically questionable.

11. tongix

tongix

Paranoia of impending doom dominates these extreme preppers. They can be normal making youtube videos so they can be seen as normal but behind the scenes you dont know the psychological makeup. Again whatever physician and patient relationship took place, its up to the attending physician to explain that in court if Dave's wants to contest the taking off of his guns.

12. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Please great one, let us know who should and shouldn't own firearms.
    Can you get the gov't to enforce that for us too? After all, the 2nd amendment was made only for hunting, not protecting ones self from a gov't.

13. cphilip

cphilip

Any serious prepper doesn't want anyone to know...

14. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Did you not see that I said I had mystical powers and could predict who will say this guy (and preppers) are nuts? So far my powers are being proven true...

Now just wait until you see the picture of me in the superman tights.

-Dana

15. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Why is that? Maybe they are trying to spread their word and help others.

-Dana

16. ray9898

ray9898

...or it simply "is what it is". Most of the people I have seen who are waiting for zombies to attack or for the end of the Mayan calendar are simply out of touch with reality for some reason; mental illness is a common cause. This show is about those who take it to the extreme due to beliefs such as that, not the average Joe who simply is boringly stocking some essential in case something bad happens.

17. tongix

tongix

Natl Geographic may have known what happened to Dave. SO goes the succeeding shows by the coming weeks.

18. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Good point Bren! It does not pay to advertise, Mike.

19. jwhite75

jwhite75 Gubmint Worker

If I have that kind of stockpile for what I believe is an inevitable SHTF TEOTWAWKI situation....my wife and my family (close family) will know and nobody else.

Like my buddy said about the steel container couple. "I wanna go there and be in his 22 people". Now that you know the bulk of their security measures You could sneak in under cover of darkness and take what you wanted by force, with minimal effort

20. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Concealed means concealed. . . in your doomsday prepping. ;)