Don't Talk to The Police, Part XXVII

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Patchman, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Patchman

Patchman Florist

A TN good guy.

2. Scott3670

Scott3670

What a moron. I think someone needs to add some chlorine to that gene pool!

3. WCrawford

WCrawford OC Zealot

Other than the pot, could this situation have happened to any gun owner who is not active in online gun discussions?

I do have a question about the "missing license plate". Was this no plate on the front of the vehicle, or no plate on the back of the vehicle? In Tennessee, we are only required and issued a rear plate.

Another note, handing an officer your HCP in Tennessee could almost be equivalent to handing them you DL. The numbers are exactly same and both contain the same information.

4. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

The front license plate thing varies form state to state. Here in Utah, we issue front and rear plates, but if your vehicle comes from the factory without provisions for attaching a front plate, you are not required to do so.

5. JJS

JJS RIP Col.Moroney

[​IMG]

Mr.Davis...stupid is as stupid does.

6. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Pretty much - while you'd have to be kind of dumb not to check into the concealed carry thing, not many Americans would be paranoid enough to think a state might make it a crime to possess hollow-points, handcuffs and magazines.

7. Jerry C

Jerry C Millennium Member

I'm pretty sure I've read posts on here from leo's, and former leo's who say if you just be upfront and honest they will probbably cut you some slack. It seems to me these guys did that and now the leo's are laughing at them for doing what they suggest doing. So which way do the leo's want, upfront and honest or otherwise?

8. Gokyo

Gokyo

Other then the drugs so what.

What kind of dumb as state make hollow points, magazines, and concealed carry illegal. OH yeah NY. Who is more stupid a cop who lives and works in new york or a honest southerner?

9. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

That's easy...the Southerner who has a permit to carry who does not know the laws of the states through and to which they travel.

10. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I think you have your states confused. NY allows magazines, hollow points and conceal carrry.

NJ only allows hollow points for NJ LE, other active duty non FED LE, all FED LE, and armored car guards (they are covered under .fed laws too). NJ

NJ also does not have anything resembling conceal carry. In fact, retired NJ LE, at the age of 70, lose their right (as of Sept 2009, the last time I checked) to conceal carry.

--------
    Neither NJ or NY has any stupid laws about not being able to carry in or around outdoor music festivals (RCW 70.108.150) :cool:

11. badlands99

badlands99

Yes, I've read that here. And I've seen/heard it on dash-cam videos. They want honesty and respect, and promise fairness and occasionally "breaks" in return. It's probably so rare that they get such honesty that it makes news like this when it does happen.

12. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    If someone admits to murder, should they then be sent on their way with only a: "Go forth and sin no more"?

13. RussP

I am certain they would greatly appreciate you volunteering the information about the drugs in the vehicle. That eliminates all that pesky 4th Amendment stuff, know what I mean...

And the information that you are carrying illegally, that's helpful too.

14. RussP

:wavey:

15. GAFinch

GAFinch

I'd imagine not many people would be aware of NJ's hollowpoint ban if it wasn't for The Sopranos.

16. JJS

JJS RIP Col.Moroney

Every leo is different.I'm one of those who said I'd cut some slack in certain cases and I have many many times.It all depended on the situation,prior criminal history,age,attitude and amount of drugs plus a few other factors.I also said if I made contact with a DWI I wouldn't give them any slack and I never did,DWI was a automatic trip in the back of my squad car.

17. badlands99

badlands99

Objection: relevancy

18. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

I have met a lot of people who don't know they can't carry in prohibited states. I guess they just don't read. I would not prosecute the kid but give him some educational material to read. :supergrin:

19. Misty02

Misty02

LOL Oh, come on, Jerry! This one just went too far! Even I laughed as I read the story, how can you not?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    They probably did cut them some slack and treated them really gentle as they took them in to be booked. :)<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>