Don't steal my parking spot!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by GlocknSpiehl, Feb 10, 2010.

1. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member

If shovelled for hours and some yutz stole my spot, not only would their car be buried, but I would run the sprinkler over the snow! :whistling:

Yinzer Justice Swift For Disrespecting Parking Chairs
    Neighbors Put Them Out, But Pittsburgh Police Say They Have No Right
    POSTED: 6:13 pm EST February 9, 2010
    UPDATED: 6:37 pm EST February 9, 2010

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  2. deputy tom

deputy tom

That practice is only within the Pittsburgh City Linits.Out in the Boroughs and Townships you never see this being done.If you tried it you might get a phone call from the Local PD.tom.:wavey:

3. Kith

Kith

If a citizen aplies for a parking space that is handicapped, it is their parking spot on the street, and even other handicapped people can't park there.

Maybe a city ordinance, but that means some people actually do have street parking with their name on it. (just taking odds with the last statement in the article)

Around here, people are fiercely protective of their parking spots after they shovel. No chairs or anything to save the spot, you are just supposed to know that if you didn't clear it, you can't park there.

The usual drill for an offender of local courtesy is to pour several gallons of water on the automobile, and then shovel it in.

It sucks to clear the snow away, only to find out that you can't open your car door because it's frozen shut, and your wipers are frozen to the windshield.

I personally have a driveway, so it's not an issue for me, but most of my friends have street parking.

4. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

whoopee...............20"

5. RichJ

RichJ

hmmm....

A water bath would be awsome; nothing like seeing your ride covered in three inches of solid ice.

Letting the air out of all four tires would be good.

A little dish soap squirted all over the windshield would suck.

Anything liquid you could squirt in all the key holes to freeze them would be good.

Packing their tailpipe with snow and shoving it as deep as you can with a broom handle would be another option. Of course the car would pretty much be parked there until the thaw though. But you get the picture.

6. Glenn129

Glenn129

I think someone stealing a parking place is showing poor taste and should be dealt with accordingly.

7. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

had some *** hat take my spot ..

so i parked elsewhere, then shoveled thte snow over it till you could no longer see the car, and packed the snow under the rear bumper and front tires,

took him 4-5 hours to dig out the next day,

8. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

Just cut the valve stems off, works for me.

9. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

I understand that you live in Miami, and that's why you might not realize that the sprinklers don't work right now.

:rofl:

10. RichJ

RichJ

I keep a dry hose in the garage. The outside spigot is wraped and covered so I could get a steady stream of water to the car in no time.

11. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member

Lived in WAY Upstate NY for almost 30 yrs. Believe me, it can be done in the winter... :whistling:

As for valve stems being cut...

A long time ago (statute of limitations has long passed), at a college I may have attended as a commuter student, there were very few parking spots for cummters at a building that I may have had classes in. Only 20 spots by the bldg.

There was a jerk driving a corvette who would park LENGTHWISE across 4 slots to protect his precious "male enhancement". After "someone" left him several notes about not being a pig, "someone" fixed the problem by removing 4 valve stems... :whistling: :rofl:

Also, everyone had taken to parking very close to the nose of the car so that he had to wait before he could pull his car out, which made it impossible for the flatbed truck to hoist the car up until rather late at night, after classes ended...

12. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

Poetic! :rofl: