close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

don't shop at...

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Ender, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

Double Action in Madison Heights, Michigan.

someone said in another thread that word of mouth was the best recommendation. here goes.

double action holds CCW classes...and does NOT allow CCW in their store by anyone other that LEOs.

there is one very helpful guy in the store. really cool, likes to talk guns. the owner and manager and everyone else is VERY rude unless you come in waving cash.

and,
    i wanted to have a handgun shipped from out of state. went and got a copy of double action's FFL for shipping purposes. sent it to out of state shop. they called to confirm that double action would accept the gun for transfer. double action then claimed that i was "impersonating their FFL," and said that I would need to call them and clear things up. At this point i wasn't going to go through them anyways, but wanted to find out what their deal was. I called them and said, "i got a copy of your FFL from the store owner for shipping," and explained what happened. The manager was extremely rude, and I asked him if i should go through them or find someone else. When he hesitated, i said i would go thorough another dealer and never shop their again.

if ya live in michigan, feel free to call them and ask if they allow CCW in their store. when they say they do not, inform them that you will not be shopping there for that reason. :)

just my experience...

2. 00RedZX-6R

00RedZX-6R

I already have had bad experiences their. I will not ever shop their again.

3. watertower

watertower

I can't say how I truly feel about that shop on this forum. I've been in there several times, and even bought things from them. Got a really good deal on a Delta Elite, the guy that helped me was great. I've even talked to him outside of the store.

However, I'll never shop there again. They are rude and really don't care about the customer. If you're looking for another shop in the area, try Target Sports (I think that's the name of it). They're located on Woodward. The people seem nice and helpful. Plus they allow CCW.